please help me understand!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me understand!

ok so im new to this whole thing but i am married and have filled out all the necessary paperwork to get a greencard/residence. now i know that i need to wait until i get an appointment for an interview and in that interview we need to prove that our marriage is truly for love.. then if everything goes well we get the green card? and then what other steps must be taken to become a permanent resident? and how long does it take after the initial first interview? help! thanks!

ok so im new to this whole thing but i am married and have filled out all the necessary paperwork to get a greencard/residence. now i know that i need to wait until i get an appointment for an interview and in that interview we need to prove that our marriage is truly for love.. then if everything goes well we get the green card? and then what other steps must be taken to become a permanent resident? and how long does it take after the initial first interview? help! thanks!

Comment

Love is not required.

A GC is evidence of permanent residency

Between 5 days and a year or so, depends.

Comment

If marriage is bonifide, and there are no complications, then you have about 2 years. Otherwise, it is a guessing game.

This is one that has no formula!!!

Comment

Working...
        X