Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing to remove conditional green card - timing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing to remove conditional green card - timing?

I know to file to remove conditional green card is 3 months before the 2 years are up. I know the earlier, the better, but is it that one has within the 3 months to file? For example, 2 months before the 2 year is up is okay too? Does immigraiton have to receive the filling (according to postal process) to within the 3 months is up to be considered not out of status?

I know to file to remove conditional green card is 3 months before the 2 years are up. I know the earlier, the better, but is it that one has within the 3 months to file? For example, 2 months before the 2 year is up is okay too? Does immigraiton have to receive the filling (according to postal process) to within the 3 months is up to be considered not out of status?

Comment

INS uses postal dates to determine timeframe eligibility, as long as it is postmarked by the intended date.

Comment

If you spend enough time searching 8 CFR, you will find an exact regulation defining with razor-thin precision what the definition of 'filing date'* in I-751 is and else.

But since you know that you have 3 months window prior to second anniversary, simply fill out the forms and mail them 90 days prior to such date.

I do NOT know what the regulations in I-750 removal of condition are, but I would expect it to allow you to file* anytime between 90 and 0 days prior to second anniversary, and you are advised to file earlier to make sure that it's in the system and being processed well before your 2 year card expires.

This is not a legal advice. I am not an attorney. Consult one if you need.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X