X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First DUI/OWI (as it is called in MI)

Hello everyone,

Nice to see such a helpful forum...

The final result from the case was a plea bargain for guilty to Reckless Driving under advisement to Careless driving. I'm under a L-1 visa and I have to renew it an about a year.

I understand that "under advisement" means that the final disposition of the case is "on hold" until the probation period is completed successfully on June 2007.

My questions are:

1) It is a good idea to wait after June to start the application for extension of the visa or is it better to start sooner?
    2) Should I ask for a proof that the offense was reduced to careless driving to bring it to my interview at the consulate?
    3) I saw a form in the website of the court that is used to ask for proof that the fingerprints and arrest records are destroyed which I guess is used when the case results in a no conviction which is most likely the result of this case.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Hello everyone,

Nice to see such a helpful forum...

The final result from the case was a plea bargain for guilty to Reckless Driving under advisement to Careless driving. I'm under a L-1 visa and I have to renew it an about a year.

I understand that "under advisement" means that the final disposition of the case is "on hold" until the probation period is completed successfully on June 2007.

My questions are:

1) It is a good idea to wait after June to start the application for extension of the visa or is it better to start sooner?
    2) Should I ask for a proof that the offense was reduced to careless driving to bring it to my interview at the consulate?
    3) I saw a form in the website of the court that is used to ask for proof that the fingerprints and arrest records are destroyed which I guess is used when the case results in a no conviction which is most likely the result of this case.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Comment

Call an atty.

Comment

Working...
      X