X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice

Hi,
    I entered in USA as a J1 visitor. While here I have decided I want to study here, but didn't know where.So I applied for B2 visa, and after making my decision, I applied for F1. The immigration service asked me for more evidence, I have sent them. Today I checked the status of my application and I saw they requested more evidence.
    In the meantime, I got married to my BF who is USC. We didn't sent any paperwork yet, waiting for the answer of my application.
    I have missed the spring semester and I was very upset, I don't want to miss next one, waiting for some paperwork. But we are really confused what to do. Do I have to keep answering for the 1-st application, or We have to go ahead and file for adjusting the status/ but what status I will adjust when I am waiting for one?/
    Please any advice will be greatly appreciate it.

Hi,
    I entered in USA as a J1 visitor. While here I have decided I want to study here, but didn't know where.So I applied for B2 visa, and after making my decision, I applied for F1. The immigration service asked me for more evidence, I have sent them. Today I checked the status of my application and I saw they requested more evidence.
    In the meantime, I got married to my BF who is USC. We didn't sent any paperwork yet, waiting for the answer of my application.
    I have missed the spring semester and I was very upset, I don't want to miss next one, waiting for some paperwork. But we are really confused what to do. Do I have to keep answering for the 1-st application, or We have to go ahead and file for adjusting the status/ but what status I will adjust when I am waiting for one?/
    Please any advice will be greatly appreciate it.

Comment

I would suggest that you file your application for adjustment of status now, before you receive a response re your F1. If you wait too long, your F1 may be denied and you will lose your legal status. You can later always cancel F1 application by writing to the center/office that is processing it.

Comment

Thank you Polish Girl,
        But do you mean that I have to do both cases at the same time, or I won't response for F1 and do my Adjustment.
        I want to start school ASAP, and if I stop the process for F1 I might not have the proper documentation by end of August, when the fall semester starts.
        So I am confused. What will happen if I do the both applications at the same time. For example provide the additional evidence that they want and file an Application for adjusting status.?
        thank youy!

Comment

Normally, you should receive your EAD (work authorization) and AP (advance parole) within 3 months after filing for AOS. Your school will probably accept you at that point in the AOS application process, but, to be on the safe side, check with the school were you want to apply and verify with them if that would be sufficent. Besides, please remember that you need to apply and have your school application ready before the school's deadline. The schools' deadlines will vary.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your response.
            I am accepted in this college, the only thing I am waitng is the approval from INS. But I am affraid that if now I file I-130 it could bring more delay with school...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation