Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: DREAM Act PASSES in the House of Representatives 216 Y- 198 N

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Breaking News: DREAM Act PASSES in the House of Representatives 216 Y- 198 N

    After a lengthy debate this evening on the DREAM Act, it finally went to vote at 7:35 pm CMT. After allowing several minutes for the vote to be taken, the final result was 216 Y -198 N. The Motion Passed. hs news

  • #2
    After a lengthy debate this evening on the DREAM Act, it finally went to vote at 7:35 pm CMT. After allowing several minutes for the vote to be taken, the final result was 216 Y -198 N. The Motion Passed. hs news

    Comment


    • #3
      Well Done Hope to hear a good news from Senate!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        "It is expected that the state will take up the measure tomorrow."

        What? I think you need to find a better source of news, HS. What state will take this measure tommorow? I believe the word should have been Senate because this legislature needs to pass through them as well (not any individual state).

        Comment


        • #5
          Congrats

          Comment


          • #6
            PROUSUSC it says Senate not state... U need to read it again ) Hopefully it passes in Senate too!!

            Comment


            • #7
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pearl:
              PROUSUSC it says Senate not state... U need to read it again ) Hopefully it passes in Senate too!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

              Yes, it does now. It was edited after the error was brought to his attention. I copied and pasted what the article originally stated.

              I agree it should pass in the Senate. I'm in favor of the Dream Act and always have been.

              Comment


              • #8
                &lt;sigh&gt; just another thinly disguised amnesty for dirtbags and their offspring....it's pathetic to see how many of you support illegals over your fellow American citizens....you should toss your blue passport (if you have one) in the trash, because your patriotism is nonexistant.

                Comment


                • #9
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                  &lt;sigh&gt; just another thinly disguised amnesty for dirtbags and their offspring....it's pathetic to see how many of you support illegals over your fellow American citizens....you should toss your blue passport (if you have one) in the trash, because your patriotism is nonexistant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

                  Dream Act is for people who didn't intentionally enter this country illegally, S12. They were brought here by irresponsible parents who broke the law. The kids shouldn't be punished. Btw, maybe you should toss your passport for not knowing how to spell nonexistent, lol!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
                    Yey!!! Justice prevails in the end, and I believe the American people eventually do the right thing.
                    I'm very happy to see this and surprised a bit. But it feels as if it was sneaked through during the tax cut extension debate, so the media are focused on something else rather than making hay out of the Dream Act.
                    When Wallstreet comes falling down some time next year or the US government defaults in April 2011, US Congress should sneak in CIR the day after.

                    Okay, no more posts from iperson unless some good news comes along. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

                    CIR will be a challenge if Dream Act is passed. That's my opinion, but I've been wrong before.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It aint done till its done. We've seen these political antics befor where one passes and the otha rejects. My bet is the senate will find sum faults and sends it back. Watch. Then it will gets caught up in endless debate and be fergotten.

                      We gots one in 7 Americans on foodstamps. It dont be makin sense to import more people with no jobs.
                      This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Text of the Bill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not so ipers. Kids er not. They be a result of criminal activity. Aint no way they more american than me. And, our country be defined by our borders, but most of all, our laws. Thems laws these people be violaten. Ya cants respect the country without respectin its laws ya know.

                          You be the simpleton fer tossin out stupid words and be too lazy to read the thing yer hopen be savin yer skin. Who be the dummy. When I needs to know sumthin legal, I makes sure I reads it, understands it, and can use it to my defense and all. Thats why I always win. Cause I is right and knows my stuff.
                          This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                            Not so ipers. Kids er not. They be a result of criminal activity. Aint no way they more american than me. And, our country be defined by our borders, but most of all, our laws. Thems laws these people be violaten. Ya cants respect the country without respectin its laws ya know.

                            You be the simpleton fer tossin out stupid words and be too lazy to read the thing yer hopen be savin yer skin. Who be the dummy. When I needs to know sumthin legal, I makes sure I reads it, understands it, and can use it to my defense and all. Thats why I always win. Cause I is right and knows my stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

                            Davdah, your slang spill the beans... who you are... You aint ameriK(c)an ..lol
                            Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Clueless ya is. But, bein how yu'z admitted to everyone and god havin only a 6th grade education and not bein able to speak the language eitha, I'z gives ya a pass on it.
                              This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X