Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months prior to the date of filing the application

Hi everyone!
    I am permanent resident since May/6/2005.I lived at the same place in the USA for more than 30 months.Right now I am outside of the USA and going to stay here till April.(5 months outside the states)
    I was going to apply for citizenship when I go back to the states.(April/1/2005-1 month before the anniversary of my green card)
    Recently I checked the uscis.gov web site and found something concerning me there:

"Have lived within the state, or USCIS district with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence, for at least 3 months prior to the date of filing the application"

I do not know how to translate that.Does that mean that I need to be in Massachusets 3 months right before I apply for citizenship(if I go in the USA in April therefore I can file N-400 in July).Or when I was in USA ,to lived the last 3 months in Massachusets.(which I did since April/12/2009 till October/29/2009).

Please help me if you had such an experience or if you know anything about that.
    Thanks in Advance!
    Best Regards

Hi everyone!
    I am permanent resident since May/6/2005.I lived at the same place in the USA for more than 30 months.Right now I am outside of the USA and going to stay here till April.(5 months outside the states)
    I was going to apply for citizenship when I go back to the states.(April/1/2005-1 month before the anniversary of my green card)
    Recently I checked the uscis.gov web site and found something concerning me there:

"Have lived within the state, or USCIS district with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence, for at least 3 months prior to the date of filing the application"

I do not know how to translate that.Does that mean that I need to be in Massachusets 3 months right before I apply for citizenship(if I go in the USA in April therefore I can file N-400 in July).Or when I was in USA ,to lived the last 3 months in Massachusets.(which I did since April/12/2009 till October/29/2009).

Please help me if you had such an experience or if you know anything about that.
    Thanks in Advance!
    Best Regards

Comment

Working...
    X