Fiance Visa and AAO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance Visa and AAO

Well, having read some of your postings, I think I may have messed up royally. I petitioned for a Fiance Visa in September of 2003, and was denied, based on a time technicality (it was one and a half months after the two year deadline). So then I sent in my Appeal, but I did not do it as a reconsideration, I did it as an Appeal. So now I have been waiting 5 months since they (at the AAO) received my appeal, and I don't know anything. Is there anyone who can give a real idea of our chances? I'm getting a feeling I am s.o.l. Thanks!

Well, having read some of your postings, I think I may have messed up royally. I petitioned for a Fiance Visa in September of 2003, and was denied, based on a time technicality (it was one and a half months after the two year deadline). So then I sent in my Appeal, but I did not do it as a reconsideration, I did it as an Appeal. So now I have been waiting 5 months since they (at the AAO) received my appeal, and I don't know anything. Is there anyone who can give a real idea of our chances? I'm getting a feeling I am s.o.l. Thanks!

Comment

The 2 year limit (after the last time you saw your fiance) is not a technicality, it is a requisite. Your appeal will likely be denied, unless you prove them wrong (that you indeed saw your fiancee within the past 2 years).

Solution: visit you fiance again. Then file for fiance again. Or, visit your fiance, marry her/him in her/his country, then file for spouse visa.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X