Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USC, How to bring my imigrant husband to the states legally?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC, How to bring my imigrant husband to the states legally?

Hi,

Recently I became a USC and I am looking for the fastest and easiest way to bring my husband to the states. We have been married for 2 years how and we only see each other few months over the summer . I have all the documents needed to prove the marriage that took place outside of USA. He has never been in the states, not even as a tourist. Please lead me to the right direction.

Thank You

Hi,

Recently I became a USC and I am looking for the fastest and easiest way to bring my husband to the states. We have been married for 2 years how and we only see each other few months over the summer . I have all the documents needed to prove the marriage that took place outside of USA. He has never been in the states, not even as a tourist. Please lead me to the right direction.

Thank You

Comment

Naples Fl?..am in Naples too..
      "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

Small world

Comment

Welcome to ilw forum someone will help you with your question in a bit..
          "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Desire019:
            Hi,

Thank You </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are a USC, you can file an I-30 petion for your spouse. Go to http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis for additional information. Lots of luck!

Comment

hi desire019 you might wanna take a look at this and good luck
              http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...age=i130guide1

Comment

Thank you very much,

Do you have any idea of how long the whole process takes?

Comment

Desire you didnt have it to just Florida now..lol

Comment

the whole process will take between 8-12 months from start to finish desire019 ,and she's eligible for a tourist visa actually iperson bcoz there is no laws say that she/he cann't get a tourist visa if they have an i-130 pending but the problim will be to get the visa, chances are 5% or less to get a tourist visa if you have an i-130 pending or maybe less. and even if she gets the visa she may be denied entery at the port of entery even if she have a valid visa so i wont really waste my time on a tourist visa, just file the i-130 with 2 G-325A applications and all the evidence with the uscis, so at least you will have something in the system and good luck to you

Comment

If she files for the I-130, if the husband can enter the US under a waiver (depending if his country is accepted under the VW), he can come over for a visit. (max 90 days).

He does however have to bring with him proof that he still has ties to his own country and best to bring copies of any immigration documents with him in case they ask at port of entry.

He is legally entitled to visit the US whist the I-130 is pending as long as he does go back to his country.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

thats true but why getting married and then entering on VWP. i will enter and then get married while he/she is in the country, easier bcoz if they finds out that you'r married they can still denied your entery sprint even if your using the VWP . i know alot of ppl have done it but i know few who were denied entery bcoz they were married to a u.s citizens . but you'r right in anyway

Comment

It is true they can deny him however legally he can visit the USA to see his wife.
                          If he has all the necessary documentation with him and doesn't bring a whole load of luggage, he has a better chance in being believed.

The reason why you enter on a VWP if allowed is because the waiting time takes some time before you get the visa. You can't apply for another visa whilst another is pending so they allow you to enter under the VWP as long as you show that you have every intention to go back on your return ticket and show proof that you still have ties to your country.

It is true depending on which country they came from, immigration at port of entry could be difficult with them.

It would have been easier if the OP brought her fiancee over and married here under the K1 visa. That way he could have stayed and lived together in one country sooner.
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

yep thats true but she's allready married to him so the only way around it is the i-130 or VWP but not sure where her husband is from

Comment

Yes that is the only way, she needs to apply for CR1 or K3 as soon as possible and see what comes first.

Desire019..if your marriage certificate is not in English, you will need to have it translated.
                              That also goes for his Birth certificate.

Comment

Working...
                              X