NOA received, but EAD card is not here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOA received, but EAD card is not here

My husband has received a NOA from the INS, that he has been approved for workers' authorization, but the card never showed up.

I was wondering, if we bring the original letter from the INS together with his SS Card (that says" not authorized for work") will they issue him a "clean" SS card, or do we have to wait for the actual EAD card? What about if it's lost in the mail?

I have spoken to the INS 2 days ago and they haven't received it back, so we don't even know where it might be. What are our options?

thanks.

My husband has received a NOA from the INS, that he has been approved for workers' authorization, but the card never showed up.

I was wondering, if we bring the original letter from the INS together with his SS Card (that says" not authorized for work") will they issue him a "clean" SS card, or do we have to wait for the actual EAD card? What about if it's lost in the mail?

I have spoken to the INS 2 days ago and they haven't received it back, so we don't even know where it might be. What are our options?

thanks.

Comment

When I got my letter I had to go to the INS to get my work permit. Does his SS card say not allowed to work or not allowed to work without INS authorization?

Comment

It SS card says, "Not valid for employment". The EAD card was mailed, but we never got it.

Thank you.

Comment

Get a replacement card.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/ead.htm

Comment

Working...
          X