Court Appearances without an Attorney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Appearances without an Attorney

Here I am 3 months later in the midst of a trial for support without attorney representation and it's like being victimized all over again. The judge ignores everything I say and lets his attorney say anything he wants. Feel like I've been hit with a ton of bricks. The paperwork, lack of knowledge of procedures . The whole process is made almost impossible if you don't have representation. Clearly the monied spouse ...even if he is claiming poverty has the advantage and wins everytime. Supposedly the non monied spouse is protected from this......not true in Family Court.

Here I am 3 months later in the midst of a trial for support without attorney representation and it's like being victimized all over again. The judge ignores everything I say and lets his attorney say anything he wants. Feel like I've been hit with a ton of bricks. The paperwork, lack of knowledge of procedures . The whole process is made almost impossible if you don't have representation. Clearly the monied spouse ...even if he is claiming poverty has the advantage and wins everytime. Supposedly the non monied spouse is protected from this......not true in Family Court.

Comment

So why are you crying here on this board? This is what happens when you marry for a Green card.
      If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:
        So why are you crying here on this board? This is what happens when you marry for a Green card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you will find a9 that the OP is claiming to be the victim of marriage fraud, not the Green Card holder.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

what is the problim rxphdfraudedme? some of those who call them selves lawyers are the ones who screw ppl at the court all the times, not all of them of course but alot so dont feel bad, post the whole story and we will do our best to help u out, dont worry,nothing is impossible

Comment

The Greencard con artist is the one who took the goods and ran

Comment

Man I want to help but I am studying for the bar exam. You need a lawyer. Try legal aid or borrow the money. See my excellent advices elsewhere. Sue for fraud ! $250,000 is what the government gets, you should ask for the same. Fight back !

Comment

Studying for the Bar. I wish you lots of luck Mike. It's hard work I am sure.
                I appreciate your advise but unfortunately I have no resources left to borrow from. Is it possible that I could sue him civilly??? We had a valuation done on his license Phd Pharmacy which he earned on my back) and when he found out what I would be entitled to a portion of it he withdraw the action for divorce (eleventh hour)...No Divorce...= No equittable Distribution. I was awarded spousal support. Now he is feignning Disability to get out of that. It's all a fraud and a scam. He has also sued the US INS for citizenship. If your interested Balbisi V US . I found it on PACER by accident. Any little bit of advice as to where I could start would be helpful. Please when you get your Degree.... remember to fight the good fight not everyone can afford an attorney
                Regards

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RXPhdfraudedme:
                  Studying for the Bar. I wish you lots of luck Mike. It's hard work I am sure.
                  I appreciate your advise but unfortunately I have no resources left to borrow from. Is it possible that I could sue him civilly??? We had a valuation done on his license Phd Pharmacy which he earned on my back) and when he found out what I would be entitled to a portion of it he withdraw the action for divorce (eleventh hour)...No Divorce...= No equittable Distribution. I was awarded spousal support. Now he is feignning Disability to get out of that. It's all a fraud and a scam. He has also sued the US INS for citizenship. If your interested Balbisi V US . I found it on PACER by accident. Any little bit of advice as to where I could start would be helpful. Please when you get your Degree.... remember to fight the good fight not everyone can afford an attorney
                  Regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can get 1/2 the value of that degree - Equittable Distribution - I just did a test question on that!!!!!

PLUS the $250K ~~~~ !!!!!!!

ANNULLMENT BABY BASED ON FRAUD;

$250K FOR FRAUD
                  PLUS 1/2 the value of the degree

If I were a lawyer I would take that one on a contingency if it were allowed (contingency fees in divorce not allowed).

But file for the annulllment immediately; do whatever you need to to get a lawyer, borrow the money, work at a strip club, whatever, get the money and bury him !!!

Comment

At least you can made me laugh..strip club.....If you saw me I think not...I forgot to mention he is also twenty years younger

Comment

WOW see how hard it is someone(clerk at the courthouse) told me they knew a lawyer who does contingencies... I might have been scammed again had I done that.
                      PS I am currently on disability I have multiple chronic illnesses that make it difficult for me attendance wise and performance wise to do my job. I have hung in but it is becoming obvious to the Co. that I can not fulfill the job requirements (one of which is lift 75lbs and move 120 lbs.)This illnesses were considered at the trial, apparently since I continued working and hung on to my job rather then just give up and go on permanent disability the court is now disregarding my illnesses. I feel like the whole thing just ****s. I tried not to be a cop out and earn a living which seems to has disentitled me to support. (Male emp. are gentleman sometimes and see me struggle with heavy things and help) Since my salary has increased and I get paid sick time . I have been on FMLA leave on and off for 8 yrs. I have followed proper FMLA procedures so I have been able to keep employed, now they have a abscence control plan that can eliminate me "prone to disability" It all just ****s. Mike

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                        If the guy is making money then you should be able to retain council and have him pay for it. There is a rule of law that more or less says you are entitled to representation if assets permit. I'm a bit surprised the judge didn't say anything to you about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about that Davdah, maybe depending on State or situations.
                        Wasn't an option for me. Only thing I can do apparently is file a motion for attorney fees at the end and see if I can get some back. You can apply for fees back if you had to take them to court and you win.
                        For example.. the contempt charges against my ex, he was guilty on all charges and had to pay some of my attorneys fees for taking him to court, but the court hearing and payment that is due to me will not be heard until 6 months after the fact.

It seems you have to cough up the money, then wait to get it back in most cases.
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

He is claiming he is out of work pending a decision from SOC SEC for permanent disability... another scam so he says he has no income so I would not be entitled to that application for refund of fees and I do not have the resources to to pay the money upfront .
                          Thanks for looking out .

Comment

Exactly....

Comment

How long have you been married?

Comment

Working...
                              X