I-485 interview for K-3 and K-4 Visa holder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 interview for K-3 and K-4 Visa holder

I got he interview dates for my wife and kids who came here with K-3 and K-4 visas. I submitted I-864 and Medical Exam when they received the visa from the consulate. Do I need to submit again or that would be considered already submitted? We did not get the social security number for four months and were not able to accomplish much in terms of financial joint accounts. We are not even able to open an bank account because the social security is too new and the bank denied few times because the number does not come as valid.
    Is there anybody out there to help me what should I bring with me beside power and phone bills? I do have couple joint credit cards which I have not received any statement, hopefully I will get by then. I there anything else I should be focused on? My interview is in the first week of November. Thanks!

I got he interview dates for my wife and kids who came here with K-3 and K-4 visas. I submitted I-864 and Medical Exam when they received the visa from the consulate. Do I need to submit again or that would be considered already submitted? We did not get the social security number for four months and were not able to accomplish much in terms of financial joint accounts. We are not even able to open an bank account because the social security is too new and the bank denied few times because the number does not come as valid.
    Is there anybody out there to help me what should I bring with me beside power and phone bills? I do have couple joint credit cards which I have not received any statement, hopefully I will get by then. I there anything else I should be focused on? My interview is in the first week of November. Thanks!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billyk:
      Is there anybody out there to help me what should I bring with me beside power and phone bills? I do have couple joint credit cards which I have not received any statement, hopefully I will get by then. I there anything else I should be focused on? My interview is in the first week of November. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      How long was the time between her arriving in the U.S. and the interview date?

From the information you shared, I would bring copies of the medical exam, tax records, and such. Also, do you have a bank account? if you do, put her as secondary on the account. That way, no checks whatsoever. If you own a car or other personal property, place her on the deed. Another way is to place your spouse as beneficiary of life insurance policies, retirement accounts, medical insurance, etc.

Hope this helps and welcome to the board.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Thanks Hudson for your input. She arrived here in last week of march of this year and the interview is on first week of November. It took about four months to get the work permit and about three weeks for social security number. As I mentioned that the banks ChexSystem still shows that the social security is not issued yet that's why they don't open the account. Anyway I will open an account with her foreign address then they don't need social security (interesting). I do have my bank account to add her name as secondary, I was not rushing because by looking at the processing times of the local office we were expecting our interview in March April. i will gether whatever I could and hopefully the adjudicator won't be materialistic. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X