Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: Terminatin?g VWP removal

My client, a Japanese national came into the US in September with his Japanese American wife who has a history of mental illness for which she is being treated. When she takes her meds she is OK but off it her behavior can be erratic. They have lived together in Japan for 10 years and got married after the Earthquake. The wife filed I-130 but withdrew the petition at the adjustment interview. The wife was off her medication at the time of the AOS interview. She is unemployed but did not qualify for medicaid to seek treatment in the US.

The Husband got picked up by ICE last week after he was called in to "discuss his case," following the AOS interview. There is a good case for an extreme hardship waiver of inadmissibility for his return but I want to terminate his VWP removal ASAP.

Any ideas? I want to speak to a USCIS Supervisor because the information of the petitioners medical condition which was unknown to USCIS could void the withdrawal.
    Gary D. Goodin, Attorney at Law

Goodin Law P.A.

3440 E. Russell Rd., Suite 226
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89120
    (702) 423-2721 (Tel) | (888) 747-1108(Toll-free)
    (800) 481-5479 (Fax)
    info@immigrationlasvegas.com
    www.immigrationlasvegas.com

My client, a Japanese national came into the US in September with his Japanese American wife who has a history of mental illness for which she is being treated. When she takes her meds she is OK but off it her behavior can be erratic. They have lived together in Japan for 10 years and got married after the Earthquake. The wife filed I-130 but withdrew the petition at the adjustment interview. The wife was off her medication at the time of the AOS interview. She is unemployed but did not qualify for medicaid to seek treatment in the US.

The Husband got picked up by ICE last week after he was called in to "discuss his case," following the AOS interview. There is a good case for an extreme hardship waiver of inadmissibility for his return but I want to terminate his VWP removal ASAP.

Any ideas? I want to speak to a USCIS Supervisor because the information of the petitioners medical condition which was unknown to USCIS could void the withdrawal.
    Gary D. Goodin, Attorney at Law

Goodin Law P.A.

3440 E. Russell Rd., Suite 226
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89120
    (702) 423-2721 (Tel) | (888) 747-1108(Toll-free)
    (800) 481-5479 (Fax)
    info@immigrationlasvegas.com
    www.immigrationlasvegas.com

Comment

Goodin, you may want to request access to the attorney forum.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

No chance. No appeal process for VWP removals.

Comment

VWP entrants waive any rights.

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation