X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DS-230 Part II

Hey everyone.

On the form DS-230 Part II question 30 section f. reads
    " An alien who failed to attend a hearing on deportation or inadmissibility within the *last* 5 years; ... " There're some other conditions listed followed by 'Yes' 'No' check boxes.

On the www.uscis.gov website's law section 8 CFR 212(a)(6)(B) reads:
    " Any alien who without reasonable cause fails or refuses to attend or remain in attendance at a proceeding to determine the alien's inadmissibility or deportability ... within 5 years *of such alien's subsequent departure or removal* is inadmissible. "

My deportation hearing was in Dec 1997 which makes it 7 years ago but I was deported in Mar 2002 which is only two year ago. So, according to the phrasing of the question on DS-230 Part II I can check 'No' but according to the phrasing of the actual law I have to check 'Yes'?!

Thanks.
    P.S. Immigration law violator bashers keep your opinions to yourselves.

Hey everyone.

On the form DS-230 Part II question 30 section f. reads
    " An alien who failed to attend a hearing on deportation or inadmissibility within the *last* 5 years; ... " There're some other conditions listed followed by 'Yes' 'No' check boxes.

On the www.uscis.gov website's law section 8 CFR 212(a)(6)(B) reads:
    " Any alien who without reasonable cause fails or refuses to attend or remain in attendance at a proceeding to determine the alien's inadmissibility or deportability ... within 5 years *of such alien's subsequent departure or removal* is inadmissible. "

My deportation hearing was in Dec 1997 which makes it 7 years ago but I was deported in Mar 2002 which is only two year ago. So, according to the phrasing of the question on DS-230 Part II I can check 'No' but according to the phrasing of the actual law I have to check 'Yes'?!

Thanks.
    P.S. Immigration law violator bashers keep your opinions to yourselves.

Comment

Working...
    X