expired visa and passport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expired visa and passport

My friend's dad who lives overseas has a 10 yr visitor visa. He has visited the US several times for short vacations. He just became a grandfather for the first time and would like to see his grandbaby. My friend said her dad just realized that his visa expires Aug 9th. he would like to visit from July 1st to July 30th. Will he have a problem traveling to the US with the visa expiration date so close?

My friend's dad who lives overseas has a 10 yr visitor visa. He has visited the US several times for short vacations. He just became a grandfather for the first time and would like to see his grandbaby. My friend said her dad just realized that his visa expires Aug 9th. he would like to visit from July 1st to July 30th. Will he have a problem traveling to the US with the visa expiration date so close?

Comment

I can't see why it would pose a problem. The only requirement is that his passport has to have at least 6 months validity beyond the date of intended stay in the USA:

Immihelp.com
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Follow Brit's advise.

Comment

Thank You. I didnt want my friends dad to be denied entry since the visa exp date was so close to travel time.

Comment

You may apply to enter the U.S. up until the expiration date of the visa. Six month validity depends on the nationality of the passport holder. Some nationals are held to the Six Month Rule, others aren't.

CBP 6 Month Club

Comment

Working...
            X