Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affidavit of support income question

I am filing a petition and adjustment of status for my husband who is Colombian and came here on an F1 student visa which is now expired. I do not quite meet the minimum income requirement for the affidavit of support. His father has been supporting him for the last year by depositing money each month into our joint bank account which shows that it comes from his father's Colombian corporation account. Can we use this income together with my salary to meet the minimum requirement since it is verifiable income? We have been living together for over a year. Also, my 16 year old daughter works part time. Can her income also be used since she is part of the household?

I am filing a petition and adjustment of status for my husband who is Colombian and came here on an F1 student visa which is now expired. I do not quite meet the minimum income requirement for the affidavit of support. His father has been supporting him for the last year by depositing money each month into our joint bank account which shows that it comes from his father's Colombian corporation account. Can we use this income together with my salary to meet the minimum requirement since it is verifiable income? We have been living together for over a year. Also, my 16 year old daughter works part time. Can her income also be used since she is part of the household?

Comment

Co-Sponsor has to be a PR or USC. I think there is also an age requirement which would rule out the Daughter.

Best to find a family member/friend to co-sponsor. His regular gifts from his father do not count but you can use Capital to substitute for income. A nice Wedding present?

Comment

Your best bet might be to get a stable reliable co-sponsor that meets the income requirements - then you should be fine.

Pardon the idiot below - he's just here as a reminder of other idiots we have around here - you'll recognize them if you hang around here long enough. Hopefully he'll work like a scarecrow and those creeps won't come around much when he is here.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation