Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Card Holder can not leave for longer than a year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Holder can not leave for longer than a year?

It looks that a green card holders can travel out side USA and can return without any prior permission with in a year time.

Appreciate suggesation in this regards.

US Citizenship & Imigeration Services Resources
    Topics Under After A reen Card is Granted indicates longer than a year needs permission.

It looks that a green card holders can travel out side USA and can return without any prior permission with in a year time.

Topics Under After A reen Card is Granted indicates longer than a year needs permission.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davies:

Topics Under After A reen Card is Granted indicates longer than a year needs permission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

The law says that a legal permanent resident must reside in the U.S. If you don't reside here, then you will loose your status.

Comment

You can leave for up to a year as a green card holder, but you are required to maintain your residency - bank accounts, home etc etc.

Repeated trips, where you are spending more time outside of the US than you are in it, will raise a red flag and you would risk losing your residency.

You can stay out for up to two years provided you apply for a re-entry permit before you travel, and again, you must maintain your US residency.
          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

As i told you the law says that a legal permanent resident must reside in the U.S. If you don't reside here, then you will loose your status. I may even come after you, so behave.
            http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
              As i told you the law says that a legal permanent resident must reside in the U.S. If you don't reside here, then you will loose your status. I may even come after you, so behave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since I'm giving out spelling lessons today ( ), it's lose, not loose.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
                As i told you the law says that a legal permanent resident must reside in the U.S. If you don't reside here, then you will loose your status. I may even come after you, so behave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since I'm giving out spelling lessons today ( ), it's lose, not loose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I copy pasted my own post. When posting as federale86 i tend to make few more grammatical errors, so people wouldn't think he was me
                http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Yeah, the extent of your argument is that someone else makes a grammatical error. Shows what a failure you are in the area of knowledge of immgiration law.

Comment

Working...
                  X