Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 and patronizing prostitue in 2003

Hi,

IN 2003, I call a lady from newspaper and when I went there it was a sting operation. The cops came in and put hand cuffs and took me to next room. They gave me citation ticket for Patronizing prostitute and sent me home. I went to court with lawyer and got diversion with NO plea. In 2004 diversion was completed and got a certified dispostion from court that since diversion is completed the case has been dismissed. I am on green card since 2001. Its more than 5yrs since this happened and this is the only incident in my life.

Question:
    N400:
    Should I apply for citizenship now and should I be fine? its been more than 5yrs and I have clean record from 5 yrs.
    What kind of problems can I go through?

I know that Single incident of patronizing prostitute is not consider CIMT from BIA Decision that happened with one guy. From last 5.5 yrs I have no other offence. This is the only incident in my life that happened in 2003, so its almost 6 yrs now.

Please share your experience and any information that can help me make the decision.

Thanks
    Jay

Hi,

IN 2003, I call a lady from newspaper and when I went there it was a sting operation. The cops came in and put hand cuffs and took me to next room. They gave me citation ticket for Patronizing prostitute and sent me home. I went to court with lawyer and got diversion with NO plea. In 2004 diversion was completed and got a certified dispostion from court that since diversion is completed the case has been dismissed. I am on green card since 2001. Its more than 5yrs since this happened and this is the only incident in my life.

Question:
    N400:
    Should I apply for citizenship now and should I be fine? its been more than 5yrs and I have clean record from 5 yrs.
    What kind of problems can I go through?

I know that Single incident of patronizing prostitute is not consider CIMT from BIA Decision that happened with one guy. From last 5.5 yrs I have no other offence. This is the only incident in my life that happened in 2003, so its almost 6 yrs now.

Please share your experience and any information that can help me make the decision.

Thanks
    Jay

Comment

No problem. Go for it.

Comment

Working...
      X