Tax time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax time

I'm not sure what to put for itemized deduction.
    what are some common things I should know about itemized deductions?

name few if you have idea or jus make up some number?
    I'm filling single, my child was born and died in 2003. do you know, if that qualifies me to get child tax credit?
    pleas, any comment is appreciated
    Thanks
    WMD( bush you cann't find me ) Bush repiles I know where you at WMD I get you soon my itteligent chief get back from lunch .... lol laughter

I'm not sure what to put for itemized deduction.
    what are some common things I should know about itemized deductions?

name few if you have idea or jus make up some number?
    I'm filling single, my child was born and died in 2003. do you know, if that qualifies me to get child tax credit?
    pleas, any comment is appreciated
    Thanks
    WMD( bush you cann't find me ) Bush repiles I know where you at WMD I get you soon my itteligent chief get back from lunch .... lol laughter

Comment

question for 4now

Comment

I think you can get child tax credit..for the period that your child was alive..
        and I'm very sorry for your loss..
        see an acountant..he would know for sure..or go into an H&R block and ask them..
        Good luck

Comment

this is off the top of my head, but i don't think you can deduct deceased family member, iirc.

Comment

Nope, JulieCelik1 was right. As long as the child was alive in a given period for the year, you can claim the deduction.
            Courtesy of IRS (scroll to bottom of page):
            http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq7-2.html

Comment

Hi WMD

George is still lookin for those Weapons of Mass Distraction. He never will find you

Yes you can use your child .get a social sec number if it was not issued.

YOu will not quality for head of houshold .. so file singe as you plan. As far as itemized deductions mortgage interest and realestate taxes would be the bulk. I recall you living in apartment so these would not be applicable to you. Unless your state and local taxes exceeded $4500. Otherwise just file standard deduction.

How did you make out with your marriage plans?. Hope everything went well for you.

Comment

Working...
              X