PETITIONER DIED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETITIONER DIED

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IF THE PETITIONER DIED IS THE PETITION DIES ALSO. COZ I WORKED ON THE CRUISE LINE AND AFTER MY 6 MONTHS THERE I JUMPSHIP AND I WENT TO MY DADS PLACE. WE HAVE A LAWYER TO FIX MY PAPERS TO ADJUST MY STATUS BUT IT SO HAPPENED MY FATHER DIED AND THE I-130 has not been approve. Is there anything i could do coz my lawyer told that he cant do anything unless i marry a citizen...he died because of his illness so right now im looking for a good advise

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IF THE PETITIONER DIED IS THE PETITION DIES ALSO. COZ I WORKED ON THE CRUISE LINE AND AFTER MY 6 MONTHS THERE I JUMPSHIP AND I WENT TO MY DADS PLACE. WE HAVE A LAWYER TO FIX MY PAPERS TO ADJUST MY STATUS BUT IT SO HAPPENED MY FATHER DIED AND THE I-130 has not been approve. Is there anything i could do coz my lawyer told that he cant do anything unless i marry a citizen...he died because of his illness so right now im looking for a good advise

Comment

MURDERER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i didnt kill him...i cant do that to my father may be u...can do it to your parents... my dad when i got here in U.S i was the one who take care of him for almost 9 months his very ill.. i just need a good advice thats why im here.

Comment

petition also died with petitioner's death.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

so you mean to say theres nothing i cud do and be with my family here in the U.S. So if i get back to my country thers no way to see my family who are american citizen.

Comment

yes.. you can't do anything for this case. but you always have option to file any other case

Comment

i just want to know is there any law for those people who are jumpship. Do yo think if i marry a US citizen or immigrant i cud get my papers and do you think the immigration grant my pettion. thanks

Comment

Not until you the exit the country first.

Comment

HI MARMADUK

IF I DO THAT MARRY A CITIZEN AND EXIT THE COUNTRY HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GO BACK HERE IN US? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Comment

dont exit the country and dont listen to this replys you got they dont now what they are talking about go see an immigration lawer some of them have free first consultation !
                      GOOD LUCK !

Comment

thanks a lot tony i really appreciated.

Comment

yeah,,,,,, don't listen to these replies.. take a lawyer paiy some money and then found out that what was said is true, then get out , screw more ( because youare going to generate records), then get out and stay longer in your country and feel sorry for yourself........ if I ve listen...

IN 1996 one Law was imposed called Immigration illegal reform act of 1996 , this Law was implemented and imposed on April 1st 1997, under this Law illegals cannot have their adjustment of status. this means only people who are enter legally can adjustment status. this means you have to get out after marriage and has to take DCF
                          route.... enough for you or TONY...

Comment

i really dont know what to do.... thats why im here looking for answers..anyway i read about eligibility information.

You may be ineligible for adjustment to permanent resident status if:

You entered the U.S. while you were in transit to another country without obtaining a visa.

You entered the U.S. while you were a nonimmigrant crewman.

my case i eneterd as nonimmigrant crewman

what do you think? hanks

Comment

This happened during 1997 to 1999, Mr. was a US citizen he had file a petition for his spouse which was approved. Before he completed any documentation he died.
                              Body was flowen to his home country (India) where his parents and brothers lives. One brother also live in US.
                              Consul issued her with a B-2, and sugggested her to apply for the AOS, on the bases of his death certificate. She travel to India, then to US and got the AOS within few weeks children was already a Citizen.
                              I for got the section of the law which he had used in his letter to the Inspector of Port of Entry+Immigration Office of her residence, and to the DOS. I am trying to look into this matter and will get back again.
                              One time Beneficiary contacted the Consular Section to find out what happened if a Petitioner's died, at that time it was in the INA that once your relations with the petitioner are nolonger valid or withdrawn the petition becomes in valid and canclled by the INS this was in 1982 to 1989 if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                              X