Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to travel outside the united state after applying for US citizenship?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to travel outside the united state after applying for US citizenship?

Hello,
    I'm 22 years , a green card holder for more than 8 years, I travelled last year to my Grand mother and stayed for 8 months. she was sick and she later passed away. now i'm back in the US and I have Applied for my Citizenship. I have passed the test. finger prints ,and some other documents were requested from my mom like DNA, Tax papers,Original Birth certificate, and some other papers. I have provide all this documents. the only thing i'm waiting is my appointment letter for the swearing in, but i need to go for my grandmother 1 year ceremony can i travel without having any problem with my application? Should i inform The Immigration the purpose of my travelling? Pls Advice.

You can travel but for the people that I know who was sworn in recently, their oath letter with swearing date came a wk after interview so be mindful that they are doing things faster now. With plans to travel in a months time they went to the passport office and paid for expedited passports which surprisingly arrived 3 days later. They take away your greencard at the swearing in ceremony so you wouldnt have anything to travel on.

Comment

Working...
    X