Condiotional Green Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condiotional Green Card

I've been married to US citizen for the last 3 years but my condiotional green card status has yet been removed because my wife did not show up at INS on the interview date. INS gave me an extension and it will expire this coming December. My wife filed a divorce and it was completed last week. I was told that I can still get my conditional status removed because It was not me who initialize the divorce but my ex-wife. Can somebody pls tell me it about this. Thank you.

BOYX

I've been married to US citizen for the last 3 years but my condiotional green card status has yet been removed because my wife did not show up at INS on the interview date. INS gave me an extension and it will expire this coming December. My wife filed a divorce and it was completed last week. I was told that I can still get my conditional status removed because It was not me who initialize the divorce but my ex-wife. Can somebody pls tell me it about this. Thank you.

BOYX

Comment

If you already have a final divorce decree, you are eligible to waive the joint filing requirement of form I751. You don't have to wait, you can do it right away. You will be required to show that the marriage was ganuine. See form I751 for the evidence that will be needed.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Working...
      X