Question about 3 threes rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 3 threes rule

3 threes rule: if you have been a permanent resident for 3 years, have been married for 3 years, and your spouse has been a US citizen for 3 years, you can apply for naturalization 3 months prior to achieving 3 years of permanent residency.
    Can anyone tell me if this applies if the us citizen spouse was a LPR (prior to her 3 years of citizenship) when she married non-resident alien and filed I-130 based on that?

3 threes rule: if you have been a permanent resident for 3 years, have been married for 3 years, and your spouse has been a US citizen for 3 years, you can apply for naturalization 3 months prior to achieving 3 years of permanent residency.
    Can anyone tell me if this applies if the us citizen spouse was a LPR (prior to her 3 years of citizenship) when she married non-resident alien and filed I-130 based on that?

Comment

One is now in legal H1 status. But in the past
      one has worked illegally for 3 years. Will one green card I-485 application (employment based) be rejected? Anyone with any opinion?
      thanks

Comment

Sorry to the guy who started this post... But I have an answer for Jack.

Most likely your I-485 AOS will be denied as you were getting wages you were not entitled to. I would suggest getting help from a real good lawyer!

Comment

Working...
        X