Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diversity Visa - Are you allowed to work in the meantime?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversity Visa - Are you allowed to work in the meantime?

I won the diversity visa for DV-2003. However, I cannot apply for change of status until Oct. 1. I currently have an H1B visa which expires Nov. 2002. In the meantime, I am wondering if I am allowed to work during the time I am waiting for the change of status through the diversity visa lottery.

Just in case, I am currently in the U.S.

Thanks for your input.

sk.

I won the diversity visa for DV-2003. However, I cannot apply for change of status until Oct. 1. I currently have an H1B visa which expires Nov. 2002. In the meantime, I am wondering if I am allowed to work during the time I am waiting for the change of status through the diversity visa lottery.

Just in case, I am currently in the U.S.

Thanks for your input.

sk.

Comment

I don't see why you can't use H1b to work. I know that for example if your on H1b and go through adjustment to an immigrant status (for green card) you don't need to give up your H1b for an EAD, and you can travel with H1b and not required advance parole. You'll lose your H1b status once you use EAD for work and/or AP to travel. Make any sense?

Comment

On usual AOS, you apply for a work permit at the same time as everything else. You usually get your permit within 2 months. Some places give it to you the same day.

If you file on OCT the 1st, you will probably get your EAD before your H1b expires or shortly after.

I'm not sure how it works when you win the lottery . But that seems to make sense to me.

Comment

Congrats for your DV-2003 !!

Just curious, when did you receive the notification from NVC that you were a DV-2003 winner??

Thanks....

Comment

Working...
          X