Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is solicitation of prostitution a crime of moral turpitude?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is solicitation of prostitution a crime of moral turpitude?

Comment

9 years ago a friend of mine got charged with solicitation of prostitution class 1 misdemeanor. He was stopped by the pretty woman saying she wants to hang out. He was new to the country and didnt know that it was a trap. They went to hotel and then he got arrested. He wasnt aware of the consequences. Now he is awaiting interview for adjustment of status. Is this incident can make him ineligible for the green card? He has never been charged with anything else and was lawfully in usa.Pleas help?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xzm2006:
        </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Depends on the sentence, I would think. Might be if the prostitute was a minor.
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

To "hang out" with a woman is not to "solicit a prostitution", unless it was explicitly agreed that the s.exual contact of whatever nature would be exchanged for money.

As to consequences of such reprehensible act ("solicitation of prostitution"), I would suggest one consult an immigration attorney who is also versed in criminal law.

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that

Comment

His lawyer convinced him to plead guilty in exchange for a lesser penalty and he got 12 months probation.

Comment

Read above.

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that

Comment

Thats a good point. if he did agree , does it make him deportable?

Comment

One incidence of solicitation is NOT a CIMT. Look up the Adjudicator's Field Manual, Chapter 74.2 and 73.6.

Bring copies of it to your interview.

Comment

Sad to say but that was very careless of your friend. You don't go to a motel with anyone who stops you at the street.

I'm sure they would want him to go for the medical again and again.... hee-hee

Comment

Working...
                    X