Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 751 - SOME NOOB QUESTIONS

Elo,

Here are some noob questions about the I751 process, and I would love to get a response and some help.

1. I751 - If I process my I751 - do I need to redo Biometrics if I had them done when I started this process?

2. How long will the next Green Card be valid for?

3. Do I have to Naturalise or can I stay a Permanent Resident (I dont really want to lose my British Citizenship, and Ive been told that if you Naturalise you cant have Dual Nationality if your a US passport holder, however Britain will still recognise me as a citizen.

4. If I file online how do I get all the supporting evidence to the right place?

5. Does the affidavit have a form/specific layout or can it be notarised and drawn up in a simple statement?

6. Can Family members such as the In Laws make the affidavit or a Priest?

7. Any other tips or help you would reccommend.

Any help would be good on the above questions.

Thankyou.

Elo,

Here are some noob questions about the I751 process, and I would love to get a response and some help.

1. I751 - If I process my I751 - do I need to redo Biometrics if I had them done when I started this process?

3. Do I have to Naturalise or can I stay a Permanent Resident (I dont really want to lose my British Citizenship, and Ive been told that if you Naturalise you cant have Dual Nationality if your a US passport holder, however Britain will still recognise me as a citizen.

4. If I file online how do I get all the supporting evidence to the right place?

5. Does the affidavit have a form/specific layout or can it be notarised and drawn up in a simple statement?

Thankyou.

Comment

Here is some information regarding your 3rd question: (You don't have to naturalize, but you will have many more privileges as a citizen than as a green card holder).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...al_citizenship

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) neither defines dual citizenship nor takes a position for it or against it. There has been no prohibition against dual citizenship, but some provisions of the INA and earlier U.S. nationality laws were designed to reduce situations in which dual citizenship exists. Although naturalizing citizens are required to undertake an oath renouncing previous allegiances, the oath has never been enforced to require the actual termination of original citizenship.[11]

Although the U.S. Government does not endorse dual citizenship as a matter of policy, it recognizes the existence of dual citizenship and completely tolerates the maintenance of multiple citizenship by U.S. citizens. In the past, claims of other countries on dual-national U.S. citizens sometimes placed them in situations where their obligations to one country were in conflict with the laws of the other. However, as fewer countries require military service and most base other obligations, such as the payment of taxes, on residence and not citizenship, these conflicts have become less frequent. As a result, there has been a dramatic increase in recent years in the number of people who maintain U.S. citizenship in other countries.

Comment

Thankyou USC for the quick response.

Comment

Any more offers of information that may help?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CarpeDiem:
            Elo,

Thankyou. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes , there's still a fee for Biometric
            the next Green Card is valid for 10 years

This link might help: there's an instruction in pdf files:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Comment

You can also have a step by step guide in here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...&page=751guide

Comment

Thankyou Speed - that visajourney helps answer lots.

However I still dont understand why they need to do Biometrics twice? I thought the idea of Biometrics was that the information held cant be changed - ie fingerprints or eye scans and the such.

Comment

Im not sure why they require it twice either.
                  Some members might explain that to you.

About the affidavit .. you can have as many
                  from friends, priest, neighbors or relatives
                  the more the better.

Yes, they need to notarized it.

there's a lot of sample on the web that you can find... you can always search.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/I-751_support.doc

Comment

http://i751.wordpress.com/
                    http://i751form.com/

Comment

i751 application, additional information can be found at (and it's FREE)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PERSONQ:
                      http://i751.wordpress.com/
                      http://i751form.com/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Hi CarpeDiem, as Proud kindly pointed out, you can have dual Citizenship. Britain will never ask you to give it up. I'm a Brit too

It is actually a lot better to have Dual then just remaining a Green Card holder.
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

In addition to what Proud said, a lot of other countries do not recognize the renunciation of citizenship through the oath ceremony.
                          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Working...
                          X