Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K4 question

Hello,
    I am new in the forum but I've been reading the postings and find some of them very helpful. I really hope that somebody could help with opinion on my case, as well. I am (still) married to U.S. citizen (although living separate for 1 year). I just got approval of my I-485 in March, so now I am a GC holder. My daughter (from my previous marriage) lives overseas and is 15 years old at the moment. She came to visit me on a tourist visa in 2002 and she overstayed the visa with 60 days. Last year I got full custody over her and now she lives with my parents. I want to bring her in U.S. so she can get an appropriate education and finally start to live a normal life. After some research I found out that if I fill an immigration petition for her now she would have to wait almost 6 years before she is able to come here. The other option is to apply for tourist visa but she tried that last year and they told her that she can't get one because she overstayed her previous visa. I was looking at the K4 option as my last chance for her case, but is seems a bit unclear to me if she could be eventually eligible for K4 in this situation. I know my message is long but I'm desperate trying to bring my child. If someone can tell me what I should do, please help me!
    Thank You!!

Hello,
    I am new in the forum but I've been reading the postings and find some of them very helpful. I really hope that somebody could help with opinion on my case, as well. I am (still) married to U.S. citizen (although living separate for 1 year). I just got approval of my I-485 in March, so now I am a GC holder. My daughter (from my previous marriage) lives overseas and is 15 years old at the moment. She came to visit me on a tourist visa in 2002 and she overstayed the visa with 60 days. Last year I got full custody over her and now she lives with my parents. I want to bring her in U.S. so she can get an appropriate education and finally start to live a normal life. After some research I found out that if I fill an immigration petition for her now she would have to wait almost 6 years before she is able to come here. The other option is to apply for tourist visa but she tried that last year and they told her that she can't get one because she overstayed her previous visa. I was looking at the K4 option as my last chance for her case, but is seems a bit unclear to me if she could be eventually eligible for K4 in this situation. I know my message is long but I'm desperate trying to bring my child. If someone can tell me what I should do, please help me!
    Thank You!!

Comment

No. K4 is only available with an eligible K3 parent.

Comment

Working...
      X