X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cristinabor
    replied
    The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    Im worried brit they indicate i sent an i-407 to abandon my residency which I am not crazy so will call tomorrow they were closed today .

Leave a comment:

• 108jam
    replied
    If you call that number for Case Status--- ask for a supervisor. Be very nice and very polite, the supervisor will most likely be able to pull your file and even tell you some info that is not usually seen from your standard status check online.

Leave a comment:

• OldE1
    replied
    @Brit,

Local employees at Infopass are usually not more informed of the specific case than the customer who has an access to Case Status Check online.
    Also, since all communication is verbal anything discussed or promised to be done ("will send inquiry", "will update the Service Center" etc.)
    can not be relied upon.

When you get I-797 it clearly states where to write if you have any questions or want to send anything about your case. That's where any letters , inquiries and updates should be sent.

Normal procedure is to hire immigration attorney , visit local legal clinic or do it yourself and at your own risk (make any error and you will be held personally responsible and pay a lot more than your greediness will save in the short run).

The OP is a troll.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    In that case I would definitely get an Infopass appt and find out why they had sent you that letter. As on right now, they think you have abandoned your status. They have you mixed up with somebody else.

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    no still waiting on the citizenship had my wallet stolen last year so applied on the i-90 to replace the green card while awiating the citizenship etc then got the letter saturday saying i had indicatted on my i-90 that i had filed a form i-407 and or had abandoned my residency etc none of which are correct

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    I thought you had applied for and got your Citizenship Mary? If so, I wouldn't worry about the I-90.

Leave a comment:

• OldE1
    replied
    The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    think whatever you want

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    whatever olde

Leave a comment:

• OldE1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    the original form was the i-90 they are talking abot a form i-407 to abandon residency.. which no i never filed its a generic letter they sent me asking for evidence of the i-407 which no i never sent period...

Leave a comment:

• 108jam
    replied
    HI Mary:

Did you retain a copy of the original form that you sent?
    If you do... you might want to bring a copy of that and proof of mailing etc... to their office after making an appointment at INFOPASS.
    Ask them directly what can be done to straighten it out.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• OldE1
    replied
    You can go to Irish pub and have fun.

For legal advise contact practicing immigration attorney in good standing.

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    I applied to replace my greencard and sent the paperwork away moths ago.I received a letter in the mail stating that I indicated on the form that I had abandoned my green card or I filed a 1-407 form to abandon, neither of which is true >what can I do they said submit evidence .

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation