X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voluntary departure

Thank you for all your suggestions:

I have been trying to help a friend of mine. He came to the USA legally 16 years ago on a J-1 and was ordered to leave the country on voluntary departure.He did not get any help from anyone during the Voluntary Departure...

He stayed back in the USA and was in love, got married a USC has 2 wonderful kids.He has been married for 5 years. He is extremly terrified to talk to anyone and is often worried and depressed.He is well educated and a contributing member to our society. H e does research and is employed recently.Could anyone throw light to his situation and try give positive advise. Thank you.What should he do? Any specific suggestions? Any contacts? I feel for this individual as he is a good person. Thank you.He was orderd VD in the spring of 1992.

Thank you for all your suggestions:

I have been trying to help a friend of mine. He came to the USA legally 16 years ago on a J-1 and was ordered to leave the country on voluntary departure.He did not get any help from anyone during the Voluntary Departure...

He stayed back in the USA and was in love, got married a USC has 2 wonderful kids.He has been married for 5 years. He is extremly terrified to talk to anyone and is often worried and depressed.He is well educated and a contributing member to our society. H e does research and is employed recently.Could anyone throw light to his situation and try give positive advise. Thank you.What should he do? Any specific suggestions? Any contacts? I feel for this individual as he is a good person. Thank you.He was orderd VD in the spring of 1992.

Comment

and why are the hard working citizens of the US supposed to reward this $hitbag? He was supposed to go back to his own country instead of staying here to change bed pans.....eff him....there are lots of LAW ABIDING people who want to come to the US to study or do an internship....why give this jagoff a reward for not obeying our laws?

Comment

I don't want to be the one to give you the bad news about your friend but unfortunately for now, am the only one with a puzzled look on my face! I am yet to know of anyone that successfully adjusted after taking the VD option. With that option you don't even have an oportunity to appeal. Basically your friend told the IJ that he would leave before the time allocated expired. It is very hard to go back and say now my situation changed without it looking like a ploy to evade the law.

I don't think even the arguement about hardship to a US citizen if removed would apply in this case. Why did he wait so long anyway?

One thing for sure is that if you find a lawyer that says he can fix this, run like Forrest Gump! That lawyer will only be after the money.

Best advice at the end of the day is for your friend to go back to original country and let his wife petition for him. The other option am sorry to say, is for him to do a lot of praying so that the President can get his worker program passed!

Oh, your friend better not be pulled over by the cops, these days they are linked up to uscis computers. I have seen a couple of people taken into custody by the police for minor traffic violations only to end up with arrest warrants from uscis.

Don't mean to scare your friend, just giving you the facts based on my knowledge.

Good luck to your friend.

Comment

This is a complicated case,you need a lawyer

Comment

first of all if he is afraid to talk to someone that he will not get the way to his problem. problem will not disappear if someone ignore it.

YEs, He nees a good attorney. Answer to his question is not so easy because its all depends upon the case history and timeline. when he got VD? which law was governing at that time? did the right of appeal was waived? by who( one party or both? did any appeal/motion were taken? what kind of hardship he has? did I130 was filed? etc.. all these details matters..
            for the time being he should look into BO cooper's memo's specially dated may 17th 2001. getting good attorney is the key.. BTW where he is from in USA?
            Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

C'mon guys, give this "intellectually DUMB" immigrant a break. I also used to think that "voluntary departure" and "mass deportation" meant the same thing too. We all make mistakes in our lives!

He was granted VD back in 1992, but b/c he couldn't find any volunteers to do his own voluntary work, he had no other choice but to marry a USC and have 2 wonderful kids with her, not b/c he was trying to circumvent our Immigration Laws, but b/c he really loved his wife.

Then, by pretending to be a good role model for his kids and a model citizen of society, his past criminal history would be covered. But now that he faces the cold hard reality that he's not as smart as he thought he was after finally getting caught, he now has to pay for his crimes, which more than just being extremely terrifying, worrying and depressing to him, is the most embarrassing thing to ever happen in all of his good samaritan lifetime, which he'll be ashamed of for the rest of his life.

Just imagine: one day you're walking into a USCIS office and mingle with every employee along the way w/o giving a rat's butt about it b/c your bal*s are so huge that they entitle you to do whatever the hell you want and get away with anything.

Then you wake up the next day, only to find out you lost them forever.

Comment

Marrying usc and having 'kids' does grant you relief. Try calling this number and see if you can get any information.

800-898-7180

Good luck!

Comment

"and had no choice but to marry some idiot"....what bee ess.....airports were not closed in 1992....this slime could have left like he was ordered to...and he thumbed his illegal nose at our laws....eff him.....ship his sorry butt back to wherever he came from....stop rewarding dirtbag illegals!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Marrying a USC and having "kids' does grant you relief. Try calling this number and see if you can get any information.

800-898-7180

Good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Floyd, marrying the person you truly love and procreating kids based on that same love does not equate into an "ace under the sleeve" card.

Comment

I definately forgot to include the "does not."

The problem here is that with VD you agree to leave. No one orders you to leave. Usually, with VD one also fore goes the ability to appeal.

So, I will say it again, marring a usc and having 'kids' does not grant you any form of relief.

If these are all the facts, I would recommend your friend leave before he is locked up!

It is always easier to return home on your own accord as opposed to getting picked up one day and sent packing without any good-byes to friends and family.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The problem here is that with VD you agree to leave. No one orders you to leave. Usually, with VD one also forgoes the ability to appeal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only did he lie to the gov't, but he's also been a fugitive of the law a whopping 14 years in a row now too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If these are all the facts, I would recommend that your friend leave now, before he gets locked up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Locked up? Dude, this guy hung out at USCIS offices amongst USCIS officers, so he has to be very well connected.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It is always easier to return home on your own accord, as opposed to getting picked up one day and sent packing with no goodbyes to friends and family. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup! Game's over and now the joke's on the OP's friend!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation