Filed JOINT I-751, separated, about to file for a divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can notify USCIS when the divorce is filed,can you say as to what grounds will the divorce be filed under?

As if it is because of irreconcilable differences,then that would be good.

Comment

New

Comment

patrick smith , you were doing just fine until you told him to call the hotline ,wrong wrong wrong my friend ,dont you ever call those idiots at the 800# or the hot or cold line ,come on man dont destroy the guy lol, i will advice him to call sears coustomer service but not the immigration 800# or the coldline lol .he has a simple case . i think the attorney was telling the truth but he did not give him a good explenation, i think what he meant was that you can't get a green card if you divorce which is true but you will be able to get it after the divorce by filing a new i-751 form but you will request a waiver for the jointly filing with your wife. download the i-751 form and check the box were it say(I entered into the marriage in good faith but the marriage was terminated through divorce or
        annulment)and you will also check the box were it say(I am a conditional resident spouse who entered a marriage in good faith, and during the
        marriage I was battered by or was the subject of extreme cruelty by my U.S. citizen or
        permanent resident spouse or parent)if she abused you and you have the police reports then this is the way to go. dont try to stop the divorce ,let her go further if she wants to unless if you want to make things up with her again but if not dont be scared,this is the way to go ,wait until the divorce is final and then go ahead and file the i-751 (waiver) and include a copy of your final divorce paper with all the supporting documents to prove that you entered this marriage in a good faith(you will still need to prove your married even though you guys are divorced) and once you file the new i-751 waiver they will extend your status for one year and your all set . you will wait and more likely they will call you up for an interview at your local office and if you have good evidence and police reports then there is nothing to worry about . these waivers are harder to get approve but if you have all of what you mentioned i think you will be fine . and now to answer your question ...
        1- this is a personal choice but if i was in your setuation i will either file first and claim abuse ()which will make your case better when it gets to uscis but like i said you know better about your setuation so that sup to you .
        2- you dont have to say no at the court if your worry about losing your green card unless if you still love her .
        2.1 - yes
        2.2- you will file a new i-751 and request a waiver like i told you before
        3- no you dont, the non citizen have to inform uscis not the usc
        4- vermont are kinda slow these days but based on your timeline i will say 6-9 months
        good luck

Comment

THANK YOU ALL!

What is the best way to get a divorce?

1. Hire my own lawyer?
          2. Go together (do uncontested)
          3. let her file

Is there a way to do it without lawyers? How?

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Comment

My Green Card expires on Feb.2009. When and where can I get extention for another year?

Comment

New Yorker,did you receive a letter from the immigration Dept detailing the extension? If not then you can make an infopass appointment when it is near one-Month away from when your conditional card expires,and stop by the immigration Dept,with your pass port,and have them to place an I-551 stamp in it,which will authorize work and travel in the U.S.

All I can advise you on as far as the divorce part goes,is that you'll just have to work things out in that area...Why can't you and your wife work things out together,did it went all that bad to the point where divorce is inevitable?

I really am not at will to tell you what to do,as far as getting a divorce is concerned.You will have to plot your way out as far as a divorce is concerned.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewYorker:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick Smith:
                I think that you should contest the divorce so that you have ample time to have your application approved,I had contested my divorce because most of the stuff that my ex wife used against me in the divorce papers were not true,and she was trying to have me deported stating that I treated her cruely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you very much Patrick!
                If I understand you correctly you are advising to contest the divorce until I get the I-751 approved, right? Couple of quest. to that:
                1. Don't I have to notify uscis that I am in the divorce process?
                2. You have contested but still filed another I-751 for the second time, correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello New Yorker

This is not what you want to do. Do not contest the divorce as it will delay what you need. Even if you get an approval while the divorce is filed under this deception, it will be found out when you apply for citizenship and you will be denied, then they will go back and deny the approved greencard that you received becuase they will see that the divorce was applied for while you had filed the 751 joint. Do not try to perpetrate the fraud by doing this.

You have to notify uscis that divorce was filed . they have a memo for the procedure. You are lucky becuase you dont expire until feb 2009.

If you can get the divorce done in 30 days, even better for you. So if she is agreeing to everything then take the divorce. You cannot file your waiver until you have a final divorce decree in your hand.

Once you receive the divorce decree , you can file the 751 waiver based on good faith marriage.

p.s. If you are in new york, I believe there is a seperation wait time that has to be satified before divorce can be filed. If this is the case, then you have a problem.

Good luck

Comment

There are some f u c k i n g A-s-s-hol-es on this site that will provide step-by-step instructions on destroying USC. ICE/FBI needs to investigate this site thoroughly and go through all the postings to see which of the individuals are assisting criminals in defrauding USA.
                  If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                    All the 'how to' advice in how to manipulate the system. WOW! If you start making things up don't expect the USC to just sit and take it. Their lawyer will instruct them in what to do for retribution. This guy admitted to using the USC for a GC and you guys are here helping him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's nothing we've given him on here that isn't available publicly davdah. Where does he say he's using the USC for GC?
                    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Can we stop this and discuss how to impeach OhNoBama? He is flipping. He has lied to American public. He said there will be fundamental change in Washington. What change? He is bringing back the same folks who served in Clinton Administration.
                      If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

Agreed. I was wondering about whether his moniker has anything to do with his state of residence, also. New Yorker, if you are residing in New York State then I believe there is a 12 month residency requirement for divorce. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewYorker:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick Smith:
                        I think that you should contest the divorce so that you have ample time to have your application approved,I had contested my divorce because most of the stuff that my ex wife used against me in the divorce papers were not true,and she was trying to have me deported stating that I treated her cruely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you very much Patrick!
                        If I understand you correctly you are advising to contest the divorce until I get the I-751 approved, right? Couple of quest. to that:
                        1. Don't I have to notify uscis that I am in the divorce process?
                        2. You have contested but still filed another I-751 for the second time, correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello New Yorker

This is not what you want to do. Do not contest the divorce as it will delay what you need. Even if you get an approval while the divorce is filed under this deception, it will be found out when you apply for citizenship and you will be denied, then they will go back and deny the approved greencard that you received becuase they will see that the divorce was applied for while you had filed the 751 joint. Do not try to perpetrate the fraud by doing this.

You have to notify uscis that divorce was filed . they have a memo for the procedure. You are lucky becuase you dont expire until feb 2009.

If you can get the divorce done in 30 days, even better for you. So if she is agreeing to everything then take the divorce. You cannot file your waiver until you have a final divorce decree in your hand.

Once you receive the divorce decree , you can file the 751 waiver based on good faith marriage.

p.s. If you are in new york, I believe there is a seperation wait time that has to be satified before divorce can be filed. If this is the case, then you have a problem.

Good luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

I haven't recieved I759 yet. Waiting for it..

Comment

why do you have police reports? youve been arrested or convicted of what crimes?
                            "who are you to judge the way I live-i'm not perfect,or live to be but before you start pointing fingers,make sure your hands are clean".....B.M. http://i36.tinypic.com/350ma8n.jpg

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation