Change Of address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Of address

If you move to an adjacent state under the same service center while your N400 is still being processd, will it delay the process time significantly? Not sure N400 get processed locally by local office.

If you move to an adjacent state under the same service center while your N400 is still being processd, will it delay the process time significantly? Not sure N400 get processed locally by local office.

Comment

Hi nature

https://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=5533

scroll down until you find the question asked about n-400 and moving. It explains that you will not lose your place in line.

Just be sure to change your address and verify that it has been changed in the system so you do not miss an interview date.

Comment

thanks 4now,

i already had two interviews with the local office and after the second interview they didn't ask for any more documents.

Will the file be automatically transferred with the address change even though I don't request for it?

For me its not a problem because i'm just moving to the adjacent state.

Comment

Actually i meant to say these two states are under the same Service center ( I think there are total of 4 service centers around the country )

Comment

Other members correct me if I'm wrong

When you change the address make sure you change it by calling USCIS as well as with DHS.
            You need to do both.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluebrightsky:
              Other members correct me if I'm wrong

When you change the address make sure you change it by calling USCIS as well as with DHS.
              You need to do both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the confusion but the USCIS is one of the three agencies or bureaus (others are USICE and USCBP) under the DHS, which is a legacy department born in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks from the former INS that was under the DOJ. So when you call the USCIS you are practically calling the DHS insodoing.

Comment

Working...
              X