B2-B1 Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2-B1 Change

Hello I am a holder of a H-2B visa. I would like to know if it is possible to change my visa to a B1 so I would be able to work for a new employer.

Is this possible?

How long does it take?

Is it likely to be approved?

Do I need to hire a lawyer or could I do this myself.

Thanks to everyone in advance, your advice is much appreciated.

Hello I am a holder of a H-2B visa. I would like to know if it is possible to change my visa to a B1 so I would be able to work for a new employer.

Is this possible?

How long does it take?

Is it likely to be approved?

Do I need to hire a lawyer or could I do this myself.

Thanks to everyone in advance, your advice is much appreciated.

Comment

You cannot work on a B1 visa.

Comment

I have seen people work on a B1 visa .A friend of mine came into the country on a B1 visa and the company that sponsored the visa had him contracted to a big chip manufacturer(one of out of the 2 big ones) here in the US.He had a 6 month visa and during this period he went to the SS office and got a letter from them showing his ineligibility to get an SSN.He used this to get his bank accounts open and get a drivers liscense.What i dont know is how they payed him,whether on cash basis or he got payed living expenses and the restback at his home country.
        Well after 3 months they started his H1b visa process and he left after the 6 months was over and then came back to work for the same employer on his new revalidated H1b visa.

Comment

Working...
        X