Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Appeals Office

When somebody appeal his I-485 denial to administrative appeals office, does the USCIS send the applicant a receipt for the appeal? Does the USCIS try to take a second look Into the case to find out if they can adjudicated his/her application before they forward his case to the Administrative Appeals Office in Washington D.C. and how long it take the USCIS to forward the appeals case to AAO in Washington

[This message was edited by Depika on March 08, 2004 at 09:09 AM.]

When somebody appeal his I-485 denial to administrative appeals office, does the USCIS send the applicant a receipt for the appeal? Does the USCIS try to take a second look Into the case to find out if they can adjudicated his/her application before they forward his case to the Administrative Appeals Office in Washington D.C. and how long it take the USCIS to forward the appeals case to AAO in Washington

[This message was edited by Depika on March 08, 2004 at 09:09 AM.]

Comment

Anyone know?

Comment

We need help from the expert here! Anybody went through the appeal process, please share your experience. Thank

Comment

You cannot appeal an I-485 decision to the AAO. Did you appeal a petition decision? Give more details for an accurate answer.

Comment

Yes, you can appeal I-485, I'm appealing my Life Legalization denial. It's in my denial letter from USCIS telling me I can appeal to AAO if I don't agree with their decision

Comment

You didn't say legalization. That's different.

Comment

Mohan, please we need your help here. Anybody went through the appeal process, please share your experience. Thank

Comment

The idea is that USCIS take another look at the petition/application before sending it to the Appeals Unit in DC. Generally, it takes 4 to 6 weeks for them to send it to DC if they do not approve it on the second look. My understanding is that the vast majority get sent to DC.

Comment

ther are no receipt for AAO filing. straight decision will come by mail.
                    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Thanks Cedar Scented for you reply: I sent my appeals application with $110.00 fee three months ago and I still did not receive a receipts notice yet, The USCIS received my registered mail and cashed the $110.00 fee money order, Do you think the USCIS should send me a receipt notice or not? What do you think might happen to my appeals? Thanks

Mohan: I just read your reply; do you think the straight decision will come by mail from my local INS office not AAO in Washington, telling me of their decision?
                      Do you think appeals will by reviewed by supervisor officer because most INS officer doesn't know that much about CSS/LULAC and 1987 Amnesty? Thanks Mohan for your help and advise.

Comment

You should get a notice from USCIS telling you the case has been transferred to the Appeals Unit. Of course, there is no guarantee you will! It is still possible that USCIS will approve your case. If they don't, current processing times for I-485 Appeals in DC run at around 10 months.

Comment

when you file the appeal you will get receipt from USCIS but you case will be transfered to AAO unit. you will get decision from AAO not the receipt.
                          You should not be worry about who is looking into the case. even if its USCIS, still you appealed in AAO. decisoin will be from AAO unit
                          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Hi, I am currently appealing a denial of L1 visa. I was denied on in May 2002, by the end of July I appealed, 4 months later I checked my status online and found out the case was sent the AAU in D.C. To this day I have not received a receipt from USCIS. I am still waiting for the decision from D.C.. I read somewhere on this forum that it takes 15 months to processing I am in my 18th month.
                            Keep checking your status on-line, your should have a case number on the denial decision.
                            Good Luck!

Comment

They do send you a receipt, and the adjudicating officer has the opportunity to reconsider the case before sending it on. If they treat it as a motion to reconsider, it could take a few months. Otherwise, it is sent directly to the AAO.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation