Proud USC--Can you answer a question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud USC--Can you answer a question?

Maybe you have already answered this before. But, for the record, please answer this question.

Some people keep saying come the legal way. Can you explain how a poor person say from Mexico might come to the U.S. legally? Could you please clarify this statement that keeps getting repeated. "We love immigrants, just come legally."

Is it possible for the poorest people to come here legally without temporary protected status?

Maybe you have already answered this before. But, for the record, please answer this question.

Some people keep saying come the legal way. Can you explain how a poor person say from Mexico might come to the U.S. legally? Could you please clarify this statement that keeps getting repeated. "We love immigrants, just come legally."

Is it possible for the poorest people to come here legally without temporary protected status?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can you explain how a poor person say from Mexico might come to the U.S. legally? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have to win the olympic.
      or you have a brain that runs 200 mph.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djim:

Is it possible for the poorest people to come here legally without temporary protected status? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Djim,

There are H2A visas (agricultural) available; however, if the greedy farm owners chose to go this route, they would be forced to pay a fair wage. So, instead, they use (and exploit) the illegals who are already here and are willing to work for slave wages.

Comment

There are only so many of those visas right? Not 12-20 million right? So without these visas there are no other ways for the poor to come legally to this country. I am not talking about using labor here. I am talking about all of these people who keep saying "just come legally". They don't seem to understand that with today's immigration system, if you don't have plenty of money, a U.S. relative, some of type of degree that a company can use, you really don't have much of a chance to come to this country.

Comment

Or maybe they do understand and just decide to ignore that fact so they can keep the complaining.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djim:
              There are only so many of those visas right? Not 12-20 million right? So without these visas there are no other ways for the poor to come legally to this country. I am not talking about using labor here. I am talking about all of these people who keep saying "just come legally". They don't seem to understand that with today's immigration system, if you don't have plenty of money, a U.S. relative, some of type of degree that a company can use, you really don't have much of a chance to come to this country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Djim,

You are correct. There is very limited opportunity for poor, lower-skilled immigrants to come to the USA - expecially from certain countries. It is a known fact that we need this labor force, but the ones who are anti-illegal are in denial. How many Americans do you think would be willing to bend over and pick lettuce for 10 hours a day for minimum wage or below? My guess is zero!

It is time for our government to bring the matter of Comprehensive Immigration Reform back to the table. These issues cannot wait another 1 to 2 years.

Comment

Definitely not my 15 year old, I can't get him to bend over and pick up his dirty clothes

Comment

I hear you, Djim. I have three of my own and can attest that American kids nowadays are too spoiled and lazy to fill any of the jobs that anti-illegals keep saying 'Americans will do'.

Comment

There are only so many of those visas right? Not 12-20 million right? <span class="ev_code_BLUE">So without these visas there are no other ways for the poor to come legally to this country</span>. I am not talking about using labor here. I am talking about all of these people who keep saying "just come legally". <span class="ev_code_BLUE">They don't seem to understand that with today's immigration system, if you don't have plenty of money, a U.S. relative, some of type of degree that a company can use, you really don't have much of a chance to come to this country.</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Or maybe they do understand and just decide to ignore that fact so they can keep the </span>complaining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

America does not need 12-20 million agricultural workers. there are h2 visas for the workers that meet the criteria. There are other h visas available if one meets the criteria. there of course have been limits placed on the available number of visas.

once that quota has been met, then those options are gone, whether it is skilled or unskilled. So no , It is not about "poor people", it is also about the level of education . Poor and educated can come on a h2b visa. Poor does not indicate uneducated .. This is a stereotype. There are many "poor" people in the world who are far more educated with advance degree than the average american in usa.

Bottom line is ... not everyone will have an open invitation or opportunity. It is a pick an choose as to who will immigrate to usa, unless it is a marriage situation.

My opinion on CIR is that at this time, it should not have anything to do with illegals. Lets get the legal reforms sorted out first and foremost. Lets cover those well needed areas and the backogs there. only then can usa look at the illegal population to make recomendtions. The legal poplulation and backlogs that are currently still here are a result of the last two amnesties.

Let employeers pay proper and suitable wages to american workers and they will not have a labor problem. Americans will not work for wages that are substandard. they do not live 10 and 12 people to a home, etc. The employers have become devils and greedy and needy .. the small employer are not getting any government supplements to help them with employment. You have employers reclassifing employees as independent contractors to try to save money, paying illegals for cheaper wages and not to pay payroll taxes and benefits.

Illegals have moved out of the fields and into restaurants, fast food chains, consttuction jobs and a host of many other jobs. Yes, these industries have had an adverse effect on wages for the american worker.

Dont be in denial, CIR needs to take care of the legal immigrant cause. The illegal can wait another 2 or three years to be looked at. Why is there a rush to take care of them with more of a precedent over the legal immigrant and their families

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll do it for 20 or 25 he'll pay it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, I don't believe you would do it for any amount of money and second, you wouldn't last a week. The monotony of the job alone would kill you, Davdah.

Maybe it's different where I live, but kids here are not willing to work for minimum (or lower) wage. You can't even find a kid to cut grass for $40 per hour here. They are spoiled rotten and think they are too good for menial jobs. It's sad because I remember the day when I was willing to work 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs just so I could have a car and pay for gas and insurance. Times have changed.

Comment

Okay, Davdah. When I win the bet we had (Obama vs. Hillary), I want your two hours served picking lettuce - how's that? lol

I've read stories where farmers don't have enough labor as it is and crops are rotting in the fields. Only time will tell the truth. As more and more states adopt their own enforcement rules, we will be reading more stories of labor shortages and failed businesses.

I guess we could all toss our kids out on the street and make them fend for themselves. Maybe that wouldn't be a bad lesson - lol!!!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There are only so many of those visas right? Not 12-20 million right? So without these visas there are no other ways for the poor to come legally to this country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep you're right,legal way is with a visa.
                          That doesn't exempt mexicans just because they are poor. Actually it's way cheaper for them cuz they walk and cross the fence. Other countries need to fly and get inspected at the
                          port of entry.

If your implying amnesty,then you're not being fair to the millions who also applied and paid
                          the amount and still waitin in line.

Don't get me wrong Im not being rude, but like you say they are poor people, then why would they choose to be here where the cost of living is so high.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But that would'nt be community service if I picked lettuce. I was thinking more along the lines of a shelter or something. It appears that bet is pretty much decided. (krap). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could pick the lettuce for free, Davdah - come on! It's a bit more challenging than serving in a soup kitchen - eh? The bet's not decided yet. Ohio is leaning toward Hillary and Obama only has a small lead in Texas - so I think anything could happen. Tuesday should be interesting.

I don't agree regarding your statement about business because the owners are too greedy. It would be a step backward for them and I believe many would rather torch their farms for the insurance money than pay fair wages.

Comment

How to Spend an Extra $15 Billion

In the past five years alone, the U.S. government has handed out more than $95 billion in agricultural subsidies. Post reporters criss-crossed the country in 2006, identifying more than $15 billion in wasteful, unnecessary and redundant spending.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...tives/farmaid/

Immigration is a PRIVILEGE not a right. Simply because everyone wants to live the "American Dream" does not qualify them to come here. It's NOT ABOUT YOU, YOUR DREAMS OR YOUR HEARTS DESIRE. It is about THE NEEDS OF AMERICA. We do not NEED ANY MORE POVERTY, CRIMINALS, ANCHOR BABIES, WELFARE RECIPIENTS, OR VISA CHEATS, WHICH IS WHY WE SEND BILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AIDE TO YOUR HOMELANDS TO HELP YOU. Perhaps you should all rise up and hold YOUR GOVERNMENTS ACCOUNTABLE instead of blaming America for everything wrong in your lives.

America IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HAPPINESS, YOUR HUNGER, YOUR HEALTH, YOUR EMPLOYMENT, YOUR CHILDREN, OR ANYTHING CONNECTED TO YOUR WELL BEING. WE HAVE no obligation to take in millions of the worlds' uneducated, poverty stricken lawless, disrespectful foreign masses especially at the expense of the destruction of our country and its citizens.
                              Wolves Travel In Packs

Comment

Working...
                              X