Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter from national visa center

I am US citizen, applied I-130 for my child. I-130 was approved and received letter from NVC for payment of Affidavit of support form. In the letter there is a note stating "If the applicant intends to adjust status with USCIS, please contact the NVC before taking further action or making any payments." Anyone know what this is about and what need to do? Please respond as earliest, thank you and God Bless!

I am US citizen, applied I-130 for my child. I-130 was approved and received letter from NVC for payment of Affidavit of support form. In the letter there is a note stating "If the applicant intends to adjust status with USCIS, please contact the NVC before taking further action or making any payments." Anyone know what this is about and what need to do? Please respond as earliest, thank you and God Bless!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
      if your son is living abroad then you have to go thru the process with the NVC and then he will have an interview abroad at the embassy in the country where he reside . only ppl who entered the u.s legally can adjust the status in the u.s but if hes living over seas then you have to apply thru uscis in the u.s and then when they approve the i-130 they will forward a copy of his approval notice to the NVC and when the case is complete there they will forward the case to the embassy for his interview . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

why is your 'kid?' as in what country?

Comment

If a person is already in the United States at the time of his/her current date of visa then the person can adjust his/her status from e.g Visitor's , students's status to an immigrant status while staying with in the United States.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation