What I think Others think about US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I think Others think about US

What others teach their kids about US is how they see America. And it is what I was taught by my teacheres at my school because my parents were almost illiterate to talk about America.

1. America dropped Atom bombs and killed hundreds of thousands of civillians in Japan.America does not have regard for life of others no matter it says in words.

My teachers did not teach me almost anything about Japan's atrocities in World War II. I still really don't think dropping atom bomb was any good thing. But it is almost a thing of the past and we should not judge US only on the basis of this issue.

2. America killed hundreds of thousands of poor Vietnamese. America does not have regard for life of others no matter it says in words.
    My teachers never told me what went Vietnam that made America do so. I still have no idea why it did so.

3. America did not care killings of hundreds of thousands of Hutus and Tutsis in Rwanda but it cares so much in Iraq ! It's extremely ridiculous.

I don't know how much US could do to avoid such tragedy. America is not the police for every conflict of the world. I agree with this view.

4. America attacked Iraq for 3 reasons: to secure gas for its people to drive in its too extended network of highways, to subordinate the Arab world and to protect Israel.
    "Iraqi Freedom" is hardly believed by any person other than Americans.

I very much agree with this view. But democracy in Iraq and in the Middle East is in the interest of all humankind because the Moslem fundamentalists are leading the reagion towards chaos and unimaginable suffering for a long long long time.

5. America is the country who gives you $3 and gets back $30. So, so called American Aid is nothing but way to plunder world resources. And it basically serves the interests of the elites of the countries it deals with.

I partly agree with this. But, US contribution through UN organizations is more contributory than the bilateral aid. US help in time of crisis has been tremendously helpful. This is my experience. I also agree to some extent that US Aid Agencies pretty much serve the interests of few elites of those countries. I have some experience in it. If you really want to give developmental aid, give it to real people's organizations.

6. American people are generous and nice. But American Government is not nice at all.

I absolutely agree that American people are kind hearted, open, and nice. They are the most polite people. But the arrogance among a few is giving a wrong impression to many people. Many people don't care the virtues and focus on vices. A small percentage of arrogant people are costing the nation of America great harm.
    "Shock and Awe" kind of arrogance is not good.That makes people feel intemediated, dominated, threatened, unsafe.

7. Most of the great achievements of the 20th Century took place first in America. America is a place worthy to go and see.
    I absolutely agree with it. Progress of the world rests on American progress at least until the foreseeable future.

8. America is too much prono country. Craze for Nudity is too much.

I think all people like nudity and prono to a considerable extent. They may not admit. Americans are open. That is not bad.

9. American freedom for most people is: too much value for ***, right to hold guns and freedom of press.

In my experience, **** *** is too much in America. I was told so and I found so. Is it bad? For me, if it does not hurt the others, you can do whatever you want.

10. Almost everybody wants to see his son/daughter to see America, to speak English in American accent, to have a taste of life in America.

That's why I had a long cherished to be graduated from US university, to spend some years in America. I want to raise my son in America. I am glad that he speaks American accent. that makes me feel good.

In sum, American government may have to correct its policies. I think a few people behind the scene have a great deal of influence in policies of the country. Ordinary American People are out of sight, out of mind.

I am posting this note to learn others' views and to correct myself if I am wrong.

What others teach their kids about US is how they see America. And it is what I was taught by my teacheres at my school because my parents were almost illiterate to talk about America.

1. America dropped Atom bombs and killed hundreds of thousands of civillians in Japan.America does not have regard for life of others no matter it says in words.

My teachers did not teach me almost anything about Japan's atrocities in World War II. I still really don't think dropping atom bomb was any good thing. But it is almost a thing of the past and we should not judge US only on the basis of this issue.

2. America killed hundreds of thousands of poor Vietnamese. America does not have regard for life of others no matter it says in words.
    My teachers never told me what went Vietnam that made America do so. I still have no idea why it did so.

3. America did not care killings of hundreds of thousands of Hutus and Tutsis in Rwanda but it cares so much in Iraq ! It's extremely ridiculous.

I don't know how much US could do to avoid such tragedy. America is not the police for every conflict of the world. I agree with this view.

4. America attacked Iraq for 3 reasons: to secure gas for its people to drive in its too extended network of highways, to subordinate the Arab world and to protect Israel.
    "Iraqi Freedom" is hardly believed by any person other than Americans.

I very much agree with this view. But democracy in Iraq and in the Middle East is in the interest of all humankind because the Moslem fundamentalists are leading the reagion towards chaos and unimaginable suffering for a long long long time.

5. America is the country who gives you $3 and gets back $30. So, so called American Aid is nothing but way to plunder world resources. And it basically serves the interests of the elites of the countries it deals with.

I partly agree with this. But, US contribution through UN organizations is more contributory than the bilateral aid. US help in time of crisis has been tremendously helpful. This is my experience. I also agree to some extent that US Aid Agencies pretty much serve the interests of few elites of those countries. I have some experience in it. If you really want to give developmental aid, give it to real people's organizations.

6. American people are generous and nice. But American Government is not nice at all.

I absolutely agree that American people are kind hearted, open, and nice. They are the most polite people. But the arrogance among a few is giving a wrong impression to many people. Many people don't care the virtues and focus on vices. A small percentage of arrogant people are costing the nation of America great harm.
    "Shock and Awe" kind of arrogance is not good.That makes people feel intemediated, dominated, threatened, unsafe.

7. Most of the great achievements of the 20th Century took place first in America. America is a place worthy to go and see.
    I absolutely agree with it. Progress of the world rests on American progress at least until the foreseeable future.

8. America is too much prono country. Craze for Nudity is too much.

I think all people like nudity and prono to a considerable extent. They may not admit. Americans are open. That is not bad.

9. American freedom for most people is: too much value for ***, right to hold guns and freedom of press.

In my experience, **** *** is too much in America. I was told so and I found so. Is it bad? For me, if it does not hurt the others, you can do whatever you want.

10. Almost everybody wants to see his son/daughter to see America, to speak English in American accent, to have a taste of life in America.

That's why I had a long cherished to be graduated from US university, to spend some years in America. I want to raise my son in America. I am glad that he speaks American accent. that makes me feel good.

In sum, American government may have to correct its policies. I think a few people behind the scene have a great deal of influence in policies of the country. Ordinary American People are out of sight, out of mind.

I am posting this note to learn others' views and to correct myself if I am wrong.

Comment

May I ask which country you're coming from and who's is this others who teaches these things that you quoted?

Comment

That sort of thing is pretty much the rule rather than the exception throughout the world. It has more to do with hating the guy on top than it does with North Americans themselves. If El Salvador was the richest nation in the world, for example, than everyone would hate El Salvador.

I am aware of the many bad things that the American government has done. I am also aware of many beautiful things about my country. I am not ashamed of who I am..... :-)
        Have a nice day

Comment

Quite true Glubhirne, everyone hates the guy in the top either out of jealousy or other reason, but I never seen a combined statement like that coming from just one country.
          For instances, the atomic bomb is something that leaves a deep scar in japanese people, but african wouldn't care less. The same with the slaughter of thousands of Hutus, most asian countries doesn't even care. As well as for ****ography & *** etc, I can't fanthom european have the nerve to say that when they clearly have much more liberal law when it comes to that.

Comment

This cogent and forthright individual is just the kind
            of neighbor many would feel comfortable having.
            While I am not comfortable with his painting humanity
            with a broad brush on number 8, the rest is reasonable.
            All I ever needed was to learn about biology, and medical
            issues. Some hackneyed actors in a brutal and downstream
            industry hardly elicit the approval, by anyone I know.

My mother is wonderful artist, and her nudes are
            romantic and abstract, and deal with feelings of
            love. Even people who lust after lust, must concede,
            nature wins out in the end. Nature fools us into
            seeking gratification, when it is ultimately a
            means of maintaining an opulent gene pool.

Just my half-penny on the naming of military
            campaigns. Sometimes they are chosen at random,
            to conceal from the enemy your objectives.
            In an era of mass communication, an effort to
            bring the invasion was made via diplomatic channels,
            radio, and television. Saddam refused to give himself up
            for the good of his country. You fight some fires
            with fire. It sent a message to those who oppose
            freedom of the airlanes, freedom of the sealanes,
            freedom of information, freedom from tyrany.

They had every right to spin it.

And as far as ending up in our military prisons-
            you get picked up for RPGs, or those neat little
            cell-phone bombs buried by the roadway, and I'd do more
            than some german shepard. I'd use my crudest form of
            art- draw and quarter.

Sorry to vent, on such what was a diplomatic post,
            but here I go- Cedar.
            No one, not one single person ever countered me
            with one relevant and cogent argument regarding
            propaganda and disinformation. Those who snipe
            at me show no real debate skills. That is tantamount
            to an admission that I was correct- copy-cat fakes
            will poor out from every die-hard reactionary
            anti-freedom front, and the internet is rife.

Those detainees don't fight to unify their homeland,
            but to regain a brutal minority's power over an
            enslaved majority. They were the privileged class
            under Saddam and they don't want to let go of the BMWs,
            the mansions and the other perks. Got it?

Come on, snipe some more.

Let me say, you bring out my negative side.
            I can feel smug about having had my wife
            deported, or, I can regret it.
            I choose the former, now. May she take her
            anti-USDOJ diatribes, and tell them to the
            mountains.

I live in a southern state, that borders Mexico.
            I grew up around Mexicans. I respect them as I
            respect all God's children. Some in this
            world, I leave the greatest due of repect,
            up to the lord. I fail to deliver, sometimes.
            Some people just get my ire.

There is an illegal who joined up with the
            marines, in San Diego. He is every bit a man,
            and a better neighbor than many.

He was in Falluja, with the First Expeditionary.
            They had incomings from a minaret.
            So, they went up to a roof top.
            He was last in line. The first team member
            ran back down- his arm missing. The insurgents
            sent over a RPG, and several took shrapnel.
            They are taking armor piercing rounds. The
            lance corporal got up there, and saw they were
            out-manned more than two to one, and receiving
            withering fire.

The second lance corp lobbed a grenade, but was
            shot in the chest. The volunteer from Mexico
            stood up for 5 seconds, while he grabbed his buddy.
            He, too, got shot, in the face and chest. Yet he
            took out a knife, cut open the other's shirt,
            and did CPR twice. He turned no pulse, into life.
            The other soldier later died. But not before
            being cared for. The heroic lance corporal ended
            up alive, and after surgery, was discharged back
            to California, and along with three other such
            deserving and selfless individuals, was personally
            naturalized by the governor.

I doubt he would have ever approved of Mexican
            websites that spew pure- unadulterated garbage.

Got any problem with that?

Comment

Gluhbirne:

The US is not the richest country in the world, Holland [The Netherlands] is.

Comment

Titus: Very well said. I commend you on a very well-written perspective.

Comment

Hmmm....I think Brunei is the richest countries. It is a very-very small country, just like a dot between Sabah and Sarawak (Borneo)....their per capita per person sooo high coz' their main product is gas. Their country so rich with gas. The country even gave free Michael Jackson concert to their people. Very humble country. Its nobody poor in that country.

What I've learned about US....through history...we learned all over the world's history. By 13 years old, we have to know how to draw world map, this including USA, Canada and everything...we have to know what their main import export, history and so on. Even their first to last presidents and even their climates. So most of students in my country knows how to draw world's map, in details and precise.

There are many advantages and disadvantages about every cultures and countries....who are smarts, they will be on top...so we shouldn't blame anyone...to be on top, you need to be smart. So..I think that what made them on top. To make something ordinary to 'extra' ordinary, is just that little 'extra'.

Comment

I could not care less what others "think" about America. They are a bunch of Nazis, Communists, Muslims and terrorists. America cares too much about what others think of it

Comment

And Michael...you're one of it

Comment

Me2:

To be at the top you must be smart and have 'carisma' [character/personality] I work with Ivy Leagues that have no clue about 'people skills' or lack common sense.

Comment

This is what the rest of the world thinks of the US:

"The US is horrible! Bullies!

But it's a melting pot and it's got money and half our family is there .. so went to go live there.

ta da!"

-= nav =-

Comment

Notice Michael never blames Jews. Might be the pot calling the kettle black?
                            Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

I hate jews too; why would you think I liked jews ? They just didn't blow up the WTC but they are still a disgusting bunnch like the Moslems. The only people I like are true Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X