is their hope for marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is their hope for marriage

i am a US citizen my fiancee is now in guatemala. he came to the US illegally in march 2002 but was caught/jailed/released.. he didnt go to the hearing and stayed here up until 2 months ago in april 2007.(been here 5 years). i am visiting him in 2 weeks and we want so much to be married is there anything to make this possible?? anything? other than waiting 10 years how is that a "bona fide" marriage??

i am a US citizen my fiancee is now in guatemala. he came to the US illegally in march 2002 but was caught/jailed/released.. he didnt go to the hearing and stayed here up until 2 months ago in april 2007.(been here 5 years). i am visiting him in 2 weeks and we want so much to be married is there anything to make this possible?? anything? other than waiting 10 years how is that a "bona fide" marriage??

Comment

Move to Guatamala?

You can probably file a waiver - www.visacentral.net for more info.

Comment

Yes, I agree, you may be eligible for a waiver, it's the I-601. You can get married and still apply for a perm res. visa too. It will be denied becauuse of the inadmissibility clause, but at the interview for it is when you submit your waiver application.

Comment

I am almost in the same situation except my fiance went back on an H2B visa and they caught his fingerprints for illegal entry. I hired a lawyer and am trying for a fiance visa.....i suggest you get a lawyer and DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!

Comment

I hate to be the voice of negativity here but, My friend was married for eight years to a documented illegal who was finally deported back to Romania. It took almost three years for him to be able to return and that was with the help of a Congressman and a Senetor. When he finally decided to come back, he scammed his wife and children out of all their money and brought his russian girlfriend with him. Trust me...it will be a long process...even three years is a long time. People move on even when you dont. Cut your losses and move on. My friend "never gave up" and she is now over $50,000 in debt with no husband.

Comment

Excellent advices tree !!! The guy committed crimes and this woman is still on his side. I bet she is a fat cow weighing 160+ pounds and can not find a guy in the U.S. so she is desperate to believe his lies. Tell your friend that the guy who scammed her will get his someday - he married a Russian, the biggest scammers in the world !!!

Comment

Wannamarry,
                I realize that "moving on" and "finding a new man" are probably not options for you. I have quite a bit of info on the whole waiver process, it can be quite complicated. If you like, PM me.
                Don't give up.

Comment

Hey WannaMarry; how much do you weigh ?

Comment

wannamarry- don't listen to all this negativity....just cause ONE person did wrong to someone else DOES NOT mean your man will....just BE STRONG!!! i am doing everything in my power right now to get my man back....they aren't BAD PEOPLE they come here illegally cause that's their ONLY option...but ignorant people will NEVER understand that!!!!

Comment

Alyssa,
                      I agree that not everyone seeking to immigrate is a bad person. BUT.....you are a fool if you think that they would let a little thing like love get in the way of the "American Dream". If you lived in a s h i t hole country and the only way to get to or stay in America was to fool someone into thinking you loved them, You would do it too! Don't be tricked into thinking it couldnt happen to you. And trust me, scammers are getting better and better at beating the system and fooling unsuspecting Americans who tend to believe everything they are told because of love. If I can give you any advice it would be to spend as little as you can and dont sent them money.

Comment

Also...I am curious as to how long you and your "man" were together and how long your "man" has been gone?

Comment

my fiance was here illegally for 5 years then we met...and he wanted to be LEGAL so he went home and got an H2B visa...they approved it....he went home at the end of 9 months...and this year they denied it cause they upgraded the system and caught his fingerprints from illegal entry in 2000.....soooo he DOES NOT want to marry me to become legal...we've been together for 2+ years and i go to Costa Rica all the time when he's there.....so basically our relationship is STRONGER then ever...and beccause of a mistake HE TRIED TO FIX....we can not be together....in my situation it is just not fair.....other people may do crazy stuff but not my fiance...and im sure there is A BUNCH of others who trully fall in love with an american while they are illegal...so i don't think it is right to judge immigrants all together and say they would use love to get the 'american dream'!!!!!

Comment

thanks davda i like your2nd post better i dont wanna go trolling for a new husband i want this one...i know this is gonna cost time any $$$$ but if thats who i intend to be with so be it...thanks everyone for their positive inputs!!!

Comment

You are very welcome ! We all support each other here. We are like a family. We offer good inputs and good advices.

Comment

Working...
                              X