I-130 waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 waiting

My I-130 has been approved and this is what is says: Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 29, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

--- I am waiting for my package to come to me in Canada right??? Is it normal to take this long? We haven't recived any mailings besides this approval. Any help would be appreciated

My I-130 has been approved and this is what is says: Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 29, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

--- I am waiting for my package to come to me in Canada right??? Is it normal to take this long? We haven't recived any mailings besides this approval. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

The approval notice will be mailed to the petitioner in the US I beleive. I petitioned for my Mexican husband and I received my approval notice here.

About 6 weeks later my husband received an agent request form from the National Visa center. He assigned me as agent so I would get all mail here in the US. Also received a bill for $65 to send in so they send my an affidavit of support.

In you situation, I'm sure mail is very reliable in Canada and you may choose to have everything sent to you.

I'm sure our situation is very different from that point on but that is what I beleive you will see happen up until then.

Good luck!!

angie

Comment

GREAT, that means I should be getting my package soon!! We are about 6 weeks now...

I CANT WAIT

Comment

what service center did u file it with? and when did u file it? please share!

Comment

130- was recieved in Nebraska March 19,2004

Just after that they said the processing time is was 350-390 days

Around July it was changed to 890-940 days for processing

September my file was trasfered to California to speed up processing

It was about a 300 day waiting

October 29 APPROVED (that was a quick 300days!!!)

Comment

Yay,

I'm happy for you. Mine was transferred from Nebraska to California too but right when they received it and it was approved in about 6 weeks.

Good luck!!

angie

Comment

Angie, when was yours approved? and when was the package recieved??? I know you said 6 weeks, but if that was months and months ago maybe 6 weeks isnt the average time anymore

Comment

We got I130 approval via Email 09/28/04
                  National Visa center receives case 11/02/04
                  Received agent appointment form 11/17/04
                  Received bill for $65 affidavit of support on 11/21/04

If you have used an attorney from what I understand you won't get an agent appointment form as they are already your listed agent.

It wasn't the whole packet. The way they do it now is bits and peices I guess!!

angie

Comment

how did you tell when the National Visa center received the case? when I look online it still says the approval message?

also, the affidavit of support hasnt been filed yet.. I am waiting for the package.. am I doing that wrong?

Here I am thinking I am doing everything correct?!!

Comment

wow..
                      We have a similsr case! I filed with Nebraska in mid October. they immediately transfered my case to California..

My notice of action is on November 8. So they are processing september 13th right now.. Hopefully all cases being transfered to California dont create a bottle neck in the system! The adjudicastion date has only progessed 13 days in the last one month!

Comment

Angie when did u file your I-130?

Comment

Judy9334,

I filed my I130 on Aug 16th of this year and was approved in about 5 weeks!! It was done before the USCIS Website processing times so don't worry.

CanadianMag,

You should have the number for the National Visa Center on your I130 approval letter. They have an automated system that can tell you if it has been received there or not. Also, you will not get an affidavit of support until they send you a $65 bill and you send them the money for them to send you the forms.

Also, both of you should check out the website: Immigrate2us.net

They have the most AWESOME discussion board with 100's of people all over the place in this process that give advice and share their experiences!!

Merry Christmas guys, I'm off to Mexico for 2 weeks!!

Comment

I hve a question, when we filed 1-130 wemarked the item statinig that we are planning to adjust the status in US. Shall we still get the package or we should just download all the forms like affidavit of support,, etc from the internet and file all the documents

Comment

Working...
                            X