getting divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting divorce

hey, i just received my conditional greencard about 3 months ago.it expires in 2008.me and my wife have decideded to get divorced and gave up the apartment that we live in.i have to apply to remove the condition 6 months before it expires so that would be ecxatly a year from now on.my question is if i get divorced now, would i be able to get the greencard(for 10 years) if i am not married anymore?whats the procedure? any help would be highly appreciated.god bless you all

hey, i just received my conditional greencard about 3 months ago.it expires in 2008.me and my wife have decideded to get divorced and gave up the apartment that we live in.i have to apply to remove the condition 6 months before it expires so that would be ecxatly a year from now on.my question is if i get divorced now, would i be able to get the greencard(for 10 years) if i am not married anymore?whats the procedure? any help would be highly appreciated.god bless you all

Comment

Yes you can get the green card if you can proof to the USCIS that the cause of the divorce is not you.If if you are the ploblem it will be hard and they mint think that you were married for the reason of green card.Plaese do not do it if you are the ploblem.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DISAPPOINTED:
        Yes you can get the green card if you can proof to the USCIS that the cause of the divorce is not you.If if you are the ploblem it will be hard and they mint think that you were married for the reason of green card.Plaese do not do it if you are the ploblem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but I don't usually mince words. This is nonsense. An alien can remove conditions from residency after divorce. The requirement is that the alien be able to demonstrate that the intent upon entering the marriage was not solely for immigration benefit. If a divorce becomes final at any time after the award of a conditional green card, the alien does not have to wait until 90 dys prior to the expiry date on the GC to remove conditions.
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DISAPPOINTED:
          Yes you can get the green card if you can proof to the USCIS that the cause of the divorce is not you.If you are the ploblem it will be hard and they mint think that you were married for the reason of green card.Plaese do not do it if you are the ploblem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Geez another fraudster !

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
              Geez another fraudster ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>bull sh.......t

Comment

Working...
              X