Citizenship for my bedd ridden non responsive mom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship for my bedd ridden non responsive mom

My mother has green card. Unfortunately, she is fully bed ridden with in a non responsive state. I am considering to apply for her citizenship. My questions are:
    1. Can I apply for her citizenship (she is approaching her 5 yr mark)?
    2. Do I need to have a lawyer?
    3. How they will handle her fingerprint, exam, interview and oath? (she is 83 and the immigration office is about 2 hr drive)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

My mother has green card. Unfortunately, she is fully bed ridden with in a non responsive state. I am considering to apply for her citizenship. My questions are:
    1. Can I apply for her citizenship (she is approaching her 5 yr mark)?
    2. Do I need to have a lawyer?
    3. How they will handle her fingerprint, exam, interview and oath? (she is 83 and the immigration office is about 2 hr drive)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Shanhoss and welcome,

The link below contains the instructions for Form N-648 which is the Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions. This form will need to be certified by a medical doctor. This form will need to accompany the N-400 application for citizenship.

Good luck.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-648instr.pdf

Comment

and don't forget to run to Social Security, if you haven't done so already, so your mommy can collect all types of goodies, after all, she's been here 5 yrs. so she's morally and ethically entitled to everything under the sun. After all, this is why you brought mommy here, to take advantage of our stupidity.

Comment

Working...
        X