How to get Girlfriend to US??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP why are you acting as an idiot? Sorry to be blunt but women are not trust worthy. What is it that you can not get while not married? Catch my drift buddy. Once she comes here and gets married, then she will come to this board falsely accusing abuse and then so kind-hearted but pathetically blind people like Hudson, who knowingly and willfully chose to ignore facts, will gladly provide links to fraudulent domestic violence shelters who are continuously looking for so-called "victims" so they can cash in on Federal Grants. Ever wonder how come director or president of DV Shelters make over $200K
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

Thanks hudson,

Your Words indicate definately Not Of philippines Or Even Slightly Aware!

You Are Mix! chinese decent. Maybe some korean? But not Full Korean Thinking!!! Not mongolia Either. Not mandarin Or cantonese! You reside In Usa. lost Touch With Culteral decent/heritage? Is ok buddy. i study people!!! Nothing personal.
      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Originally posted by a9b3h5:
        OP why are you acting as an idiot? Sorry to be blunt but women are not trust worthy. What is it that you can not get while not married? Catch my drift buddy. Once she comes here and gets married, then she will come to this board falsely accusing abuse and then so kind-hearted but pathetically blind people like Hudson, who knowingly and willfully chose to ignore facts, will gladly provide links to fraudulent domestic violence shelters who are continuously looking for so-called "victims" so they can cash in on Federal Grants. Ever wonder how come director or president of DV Shelters make over $200K

Jeff13, I hope you can read the above posting by a9b3h5 over and over. From the content of your posting, I believe that you are very very young. Why are you looking for trouble in a foreign land? If you are that crazy for a PI woman, there are tons of them in the US. Please learn from those of us that have passed through the mess. Do not make the mistake that you will forever regret.

Take this analogy; In the land of the jungles, animals of the same specie does not eat the flesh of their own, but when resouces are scarce, they have to eat the flesh of their own to survive. Read my lips.

Comment

Listen to Kmail, he is a genius !! He fought the scammer and won !!!

Comment

The best way to find out if a person (man or woman) is a scammer is to talk with people from their same country (of possible from their same area). They will tell you if his/her stories, attitudes, reasoning, etc. make sense.

I am the foreigner and I can tell from miles away if one of my co-nationals is using a "gringo". Some red flags are the same regardless the country but others depend on the foreigner's nationality.

Some red flags:

1. Like other poster said before, if he/she asks for money. How did he/she survive and solve his/her problems before the USC came along?

2. He/She found the USC through a matchmaking company or service. That means her (I am going to assume it is a female so I can stop using the slashes) target was a foreigner. Why? In average they are richer than her co-nationals.

3. The least educated, the more likely to scam.

4. The poorest, the more likely to scam.

Dont take me wrong, I am not saying the all poor uneducated people are scammers. Actually, I dont believe that they want to scam the USC or even that they dont love him at all. I think that the reasons for them to get married are practical and emotional (just like any USC) but their practical reasons outweigh their emotional ones because in certain economies you need to be practical to survive.

I am the foreign woman. I had 7 years of college, a good paying job and a very comfortable life when I met my USC hubby. He was also college educated, no criminal record, no ex-wives or children, and an extremely good man. I would not have accepted otherwise, not for a USC, a fellow national or anybody.

We trusted each other and we still do. He knew I was not in for the Green Card because I was able to come and go to the US as I pleased before meeting him. He knew my life in the US would be difficult because I would lack the perks I had in my home country (i.e., a maid, and that is why cooking and cleaning skills are not a indicative of a scammer).

My advise is to tell her that you are willing to live in the Phillipines with her, permanently. You would be able to get a job as a teacher and you could live with her in her current house. If she still wants you that way (when there is no economic gain and no prospect of moving to the US), is because she is interested in you and not in the possibiity of a green card and/or a sugar daddy.

Comment

stop thinking with your d.ick....this Filipina is just looking for a green card...and consider this...if you (idiotically) marry her, it won't be long until the rest of family suddenly wants to come over to the US of A for a "visit" and you'll wind up with 19 people in your house and none of them will want to leave....

Comment

no doubt he'll want to leave the house, but then, it's HIS house...why the eff should he leave...better not to wind up with a house full of unwanted guests by not marrying this scam artist from the PI....sure, she'll agree to wash his socks for the first week or so, but then......no more air starts, no more horizontal mambo until he agrees to bring mom, dad, 4 sisters and 3 brothers, and the grandmother over.....sorry, but no bearded taco is worth that much.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey13:
                  I have met a girl from a foreign country, she is married, but separated, and wishes for an annulment in her country(Philippines). We both want to get her here so she can work, and we can marry. What actions should we take? Should we try to get her a work Visa, to get here, and then work on her annulment after she arrives?, and get married after that process? And I can't find the cost of these actions anywhere. Neither of us have very much money, is there any type of financial help for these actions? Does anyone no of my situation??
                  Not All!

Different World! Different Thinking, Different goals!! if you are Born and Raised in America? Many Of Afar, Have Lived a very Different life. Common Sense, Morals, Values, loyalty, Devotion, Respect, Etc. Can Be Be very Different From American Thinking! Can Sometimes Fall Outside The Boundaries Of American Thinking! Is Survival!!! Many From Afar Can Easily Love and Provide Exactly What Thee American Wishes For!!!
                  Extremely Capable Of Providing Exactly What Many Americans Dream Of!!! Many Country's and The People Of Those Country's, Live a Very Different life!!! And a Very Different way of Thinking! Protect Self!!!! The Family, Heritage, Culture! Will Always Be #1. You will Be #2. There Is no Lifelong Ultimate Love!!! Only Memory and Experience! You Very Easy Become Expendable!!!! And Can Never Compare to The Goal Of The Family Group!!! Is A Very Nice Experience, Just Do Not Dedicate Your Life through Marriage!!! Love, Share, Dedicate, Have Fun, Make Memories, For at Least 5 Years First!!!! Use Your Own Common Sense FIRST!!!! Not Hers/His!!! Not Same as Your Own!!!!

In Short. This Is Real Physical Life!!! Not Dreams, wishes, Meant To Be, True Love, Etc. you protect You!!!! You Are Important After all!!! Enjoy The Experience, make Memories, have fun!!! Read, Learn, research, make Your Mark!!! Do Not connect Through Marriage, Without 100%%% Proof. This Aint a Story book!!! Or a Movie Of Ultimate Love and Connection! THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!!!! . There Is No God given gift That I Have met My Perfect Love!!! No Guarantees!!!! .
                  one Day at a Time! Every Day Is Different!!!! You Have Only The ability To Have fun, Make Fun, Make Memories, Love, Laugh, Etc. The Ultimate Is Fate!!! Not Within Control!!!! Enjoy, Have Fun, Make Memories, The Ultimate You Have ZERO control!!!! If it Happens? It Will!!!! You Will Not Control It!!!!.
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

No matter what the statistics are, I'd like to point out that on the matter of some Russian scammers, most regulars here know that SOM was scammed by a Russian. I don't see him disrespecting all Russians or proclaiming all Russian women as scammers although some of them are. He didn't remain a whining victim like the resident anti-Filipino troll here. Marriage fraud is a reality that encompasses racial and gender lines. Victims are not limited to Americans, and the perpetrators are not just non-Americans. One only has to open one's eyes to see that Americans victimize fellow Americans too through the use of the internet, and the same act being done in some other part of the world by a citizen of one country against his/her fellow citizen. In short, scammers all over the world do it and to condemn the entire country and the innocent along with the scammers just reveals what kind of mentality and the crooked logic (or absence thereof) a person has. SOME people are just so weak-minded not to get this simple fact.

Note also that I'm not giving my 2 cents to the OP here - this post is, insofar as I'm concerned - either another advertisement for a website and/or another attempt to discredit Filipinos everywhere. Like I said before, insofar as I'm concerned, anti-Filipinos can type away behind their computers and continue to be consumed by their bitter envy for successful Fil-am marriages.
                    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

Your girlfriend needs an annulment in the PI before a canon law court. That is how Catholics, or Kennedys, get divorced. After that she will be free to marry.

Comment

The marriage fraud rate from countries of former USSR is 92% while it's 8-40% from Philippines. When I talk about fraud rate from these countries then I'm specifically talking about immigration fraud...meaning the people from former Soviet Union region do leave their US spouse after obtaining a green card or once they know they can file for VAWA after being married even for a day, but this is not the case with people from Philippines because people might marry with US citizen for good opportunity and decent life in this country...and might be for money as well but they don't leave their US spouse after obtaining immigration status unlike people from former Soviet Union region.
                        How does leaving your spouse considered immigration fraud Sammy? Those are very loose, very broad interpretations of what immigration fraud through marriage really is. it is hard enough for cross cultural marriages to work as well as the cultural effects of living in another country.

And when it comes to fraud, any fraud, I prefer the strict definition, not the loosely based sentimental xenophobic paranoia that comes from this site by certain members.
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. B.:
                          Note also that I'm not giving my 2 cents to the OP here - this post is, insofar as I'm concerned - either another advertisement for a website and/or another attempt to discredit Filipinos everywhere. Like I said before, insofar as I'm concerned, anti-Filipinos can type away behind their computers and continue to be consumed by their bitter envy for successful Fil-am marriages.
                          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Just get the annulment.

Comment

Originally posted by davdah:
                              Better check the laws yourself. Generally there is no divorce in the Philippines. There are only two exceptions. One is if the husband wants it and is muslim. The other is an annulment and only applies if the husband (in your case) is a foreign national. If her husband is not Muslim or is not a non-Philippine. Your being set up.

Some more facts. The cost is around $2000->$4000 and the process generally takes about 2 years. That is if the qualifications are met concerning religion and or spousal nationality. The reason for the high cost and lengthy process per Philippine standards is the country is more or less under Catholic control and as you know. No divorce under Catholic doctrine.
                              Man that's harsh! No matter what the country women are the second class citizens. Sad.
                              Good luck.
                              N. Barrows
                              Perception, not possession is 9 tenths of the law.

Comment

Correction!
                                the men are the second class citizens. and any helper/yaya/maid.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation