Overstay visa, just married an A. citizen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overstay visa, just married an A. citizen

I'm an over stay visa visitor in USA for about 2 years. I just married an American citizen. My question is what forms must I fill and send to USCIC? Please help. I will appreciate any help.

I'm an over stay visa visitor in USA for about 2 years. I just married an American citizen. My question is what forms must I fill and send to USCIC? Please help. I will appreciate any help.

Comment

You should complete VC-101 (Visa Cheat 101) and then DM-200 (DeportMe 200)....why should anyone care about a visa cheat? Remember those lies you told our embassy and border officials?

Comment

No no; VC-101 is to marry a Victor Charlie (Viet Cong)

Comment

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Here is a link to start your processing.

You will also need to file I-130

But do not file I-131

Comment

Hello floretnia

Welcome to ILw

and congrats on your new marriage!

the following forms will need to be filed:

I-130
            1-485
            1-765
            i-864
            325a biographic info for usc
            325a biographic info for spouse
            i-693 medical

follow the instructions on i-485 and i-130 to submit evidences for your marriage . do not enclose original documents, but bring the originals to the interview for adjustment of status for the Immigration officer to review.

Examples and information is plentiful at
            www.visajourney.com

they also have interview experiences listed there.

Your overstay will be forgiven because of marriage to USC and any illegal work that you may have done. make sure you have your passport and i-94 readily available to show you had legal entry to the usa.

Best Wishes

Comment

Hi jake, Thanks so much for you answers. Its great help for me. There is a form I-693 medical exam. do you have any advice where I can do it? I don't my own doctor or health ins. I wonder if my husband can put me in his health ins.right now, without SS# ? If you know about it (med. centers for low income people or something else)please tell me. Your help is so much appreciated. God bless you.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is a form I-693 medical exam. do you have any advice where I can do it? I don't my own doctor or health ins. I wonder if my husband can put me in his health ins.right now, without SS# ? If you know about it (med. centers for low income people or something else)please tell me. Your help is so much appreciated. God bless you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi...
                there's a list of USCIS doctors on the website
                jake send you choose one nearest in your locations. It won't cost you that much maybe
                about $ 200 to $300. Doesn't matter if you don't have an ss# or insurance just bring the your USCIS application notice receipts and your passport.

Comment

Florentina, unfortunately you can't go to any doctor for the medical.
                  There are specific doctors that are accepted by the USCIS and only those can you go to.
                  You can either call (automated) the USCIS or go to their website where you can put your zip code in for a list of doctors who are USCIS approved.

Before you go, you need to check the list on the forms whether you are up to date with vaccinations and so on. You need dates and proof if you have any of when you last had those vaccinations.
                  You will need a TB test at some point.

My advice to you would be, go to your local Health Center. They would do vaccinations either for free or for a small fee. Its far better then going to a doctor.
                  Usually the TB test should be free as you are not yet a permanent resident. Tell them you are not and they should not charge you. I am not sure if States have their own rules on that or not, but check. Talk with them, tell them or show them what you have had, and they will tell you what you will need if it is required.

The doctors for USCIS medical varies, 200+ I think it is. Call a few on the list near you to find out costs. Before you go, make sure you have all your paperwork that is necessary, they don't just take your word for it (well most of the time).
                  Unfortunately there is no way around the costs for the medical, but if you can go to a Health Center and obtain anything there first, then it will save you money and stress.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Florentina one more thing, regarding the TB test.

Not sure where you are from origianally but say in England where I am from, a BCG vacination was common years ago.
                    The BCG vacination causes a TB skin test to come up positive. If that happens here, they will ask you to have an xray to confirm or not that you have TB.

If you have had the BCG vaccination in the past, my advice to you would be go straight for the Xray and not the skin test.Tell them that you have had the BCG so Xray would be the best.
                    It saves time and its more accurate then the skin test, not to forget that the skin test will show up positive anyway.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Florentine, I went to one of the clinic's listed on the USCIS website last June is cost me a total of $144.00 I had the skin test, but is showed positive as I had the BCG Vaccination, so I had to have the xray aswell at no extra charge, also see if you can have sent to you your vaccination records when you was a child, if not the MMR runs about $80 and a Tetanus shot about $70, I was able to prove the varicella.

I did send you a PM you can pick it up by clicking on "GO" at the top of the page, and to Personal zone, and private messaging'

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/...6810543141/p/3

This link is to my first posting, so dont get upset by some of the posters on here, on page 3 gives you my timeline, although depending where you are, it may take longer, if you need anymore help let me know either on here or by private message

Comment

Hi Florentina,

Congratulations on your marriage. You've received good advice from 4Now and the others, just disregard S12 and SOM's posts to you.

Just some details about the TB test - in my case, I was given the choice of getting the skin test or the x-ray, I would suggest that you just take the x-ray. We had to pay twice for both the skin test and the x-ray (skin test turned out to be a waste of time and extra unnecessary painful injection, and I don't know if it's just the clinic's way of getting more payment ).
                        Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

another illegal alien supporter...sorry mrs b but you cannot be patriotic to America yet look the other way towards those who have lied, cheated or stolen their way into this country...why not take this desperate cow into your home? Feed and clothe her? Let's see how deep your 'support' really goes....(oh oh...here come the 'racist xenophobe' remarks...and don't forget those native American Indians too)

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                            another illegal alien supporter...sorry mrs b but you cannot be patriotic to America yet look the other way towards those who have lied, cheated or stolen their way into this country...why not take this desperate cow into your home? Feed and clothe her? Let's see how deep your 'support' really goes....(oh oh...here come the 'racist xenophobe'
                            remarks...and don't forget those native American Indians too) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Someone12,

First - Florentina is new to the forum and was asking for help while there you go, calling her a visa cheat. I felt sorry for her and just told her to disregard your outright condemnation of her and listen to the advice of those who can help her.

Besides, I'm congratulating her because she's newly-married! It has nothing to do with whatever immigration issue.

Second - I am not supporting illegal aliens. I don't want to judge her as being a visa cheat since I don't know her, I don't know everything about her. It's the USCIS who has the right to say if anybody is an illegal alien and has the right to deport them, not me. I'm certainly not calling her an illegal alien.

Third - I can understand where you're coming from. From reading some of the posts, I think you had a bad experience with somebody who just used people to get a greencard/citizenship (I'm not sure exactly but somewhat near that.) Ergo, I can't blame you for that. Peace brother!
                            Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

Very beautiful, Mrs. B. Who can disagree with you? That's the whole idea on how to address the current immigration mess: through a rational view and decent dialog. I also plead guilty by going off the line sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X