TN visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN visa

I came from China and I am a Canadian citizen now. My education and working background is following:

1.Two years post-secondary nursing school
    2.Five years part-time student in a medical university, earned a degree, but no bachelor
    3.Ten years experience in medical lab

I am going to apply a "Research Assistant" position in a medical lab in a USA university, I checked TN visa list, this position require "Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree". Do I qualify for this position? I only have degree but no bachelor, will this affect the TN visa?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

I came from China and I am a Canadian citizen now. My education and working background is following:

1.Two years post-secondary nursing school
    2.Five years part-time student in a medical university, earned a degree, but no bachelor
    3.Ten years experience in medical lab

I am going to apply a "Research Assistant" position in a medical lab in a USA university, I checked TN visa list, this position require "Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree". Do I qualify for this position? I only have degree but no bachelor, will this affect the TN visa?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Comment

unfortunately, since you have not finished bachelor there is nothing you can do at this point.even if you have a bachelor's degree you still need to have it evaluated or credentialing is required whether it is equivalent to US standard.

Comment

Check the website www.grasmick.com. It is a website specifically focused on US employment immigration from Canada. I personally originally came down to the US on a TN visa. My eductaion was 2 years post secondary which was deemed to be equivalent to an associate's degree...

Good Luck!

Comment

Why don't you try a visa for nursing/RN, since you have the credential?

The US has a high need for it and it should be easier to find a sponsor to emply you.

Goodluck!

Comment

Thank you for all of your help.

Comment

Working...
            X