Arrested but got a pardon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested but got a pardon

Dear Sir or Madam in 1988, I was arrested for indecent exposure I was urination on a tree and unfortunenatly got arrested I was given a pardon and never spent one day in jail however I was convicted for the Offence in 1996 I was cautioned for abusive letters to my ex girlfriend but not convicted. I am now getting Married to an American Citizen and hope these two spent convictions wont stop me from obtaining a green card. I have heard of minor criminal offences waivers.
    Please help.
    Mr X

Dear Sir or Madam in 1988, I was arrested for indecent exposure I was urination on a tree and unfortunenatly got arrested I was given a pardon and never spent one day in jail however I was convicted for the Offence in 1996 I was cautioned for abusive letters to my ex girlfriend but not convicted. I am now getting Married to an American Citizen and hope these two spent convictions wont stop me from obtaining a green card. I have heard of minor criminal offences waivers.
    Please help.
    Mr X

Comment

It is always hard to tell how the INS will treat any situation. But just remember one thing. When the INS asks 'Have you ever been arrested?" - the are not asking "Have you ever been convicted". So in your case - the answer is 'yes'. Just make sure you have available all the legal documentation related to these incidents... And a word to the wise - If they do not already know, they will find out...

Comment

Working...
      X