Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My I130 Changed to I181 but not received any letter yet (60 day)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My I130 Changed to I181 but not received any letter yet (60 day)

Dear Friends,
    My sister who is a US citizen (Texas- Austin) filled me a petition as I-130 for relative sister in 20 June 2001.
    To check My status I always checked egov.uscis.gov and searching my Recite No. Before 2 months ago it always showed my case as pending in California Center, but after then it's status changed To I-181 and processing in Texas center. What it means? Is it good news? If good, I think I should receive a letter.
    I am living in Iran and don't received any letter yet (after 60 day). How long should I wait?
    What is next steps after receiving any mail? Is there any time limit?
    I think, To get visa for entering US I should have an appointment with embassy in UAE. If I don't receive any letter can I follow up with embassy (My sister selected UAE as preferred embassy)?
    My family (husband and 2 children) are mentioned as family in my filling form also. If I get visa or greencard, can my family get visa to enter US also?
    Sorry for long questions?
    Thanks
    Susan

Dear Friends,
    My sister who is a US citizen (Texas- Austin) filled me a petition as I-130 for relative sister in 20 June 2001.
    To check My status I always checked egov.uscis.gov and searching my Recite No. Before 2 months ago it always showed my case as pending in California Center, but after then it's status changed To I-181 and processing in Texas center. What it means? Is it good news? If good, I think I should receive a letter.
    I am living in Iran and don't received any letter yet (after 60 day). How long should I wait?
    What is next steps after receiving any mail? Is there any time limit?
    I think, To get visa for entering US I should have an appointment with embassy in UAE. If I don't receive any letter can I follow up with embassy (My sister selected UAE as preferred embassy)?
    My family (husband and 2 children) are mentioned as family in my filling form also. If I get visa or greencard, can my family get visa to enter US also?
    Sorry for long questions?
    Thanks
    Susan

Comment

Tarvirdi...I don't see how I-181 fits in your case at this point. Mistake?

I-130 can be approved at any time, but you can't have an interview for immigrant visa before your case is current. Cases from Aug 96 are being processed now.

How old are your children?

Comment

First Thanks for your attention and response.
        Yes that is right, it is started with I-130 and now is I-181.
        The message that uscis shows for my status is bellow.
        ---------------------------------
        Receipt Number: src*********

Application Type: I181, CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On June 20, 2001, we received this I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
        --------------------------------------------
        when I searched for I-181 processing time for Texas Center, I found nothing about I-181 !!

can you explain my status
        My children are 12 & 7 years old
        Thank again

Comment

can anybody explain my status?

Comment

Tarvirdi, yes - when the time comes, your family should also receive immigrant visas. Luckily, your children are not too old.

About the change in your case: to the best of my knowledge, "creation of record of LPR" is not a part of the process at this stage.

I suggest your sister calls USCIS or makes an INFO pass appointment with the local office.

Anyway, I hope you get some more opinions.

Comment

Working...
            X