Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how/when to extend conditional perm res??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how/when to extend conditional perm res??

hi. i'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but i couldn't find any info...

i know that i need to apply for the removal of condition(I751)for permanent residency 90 days before the 2 yr conditional green card expires,...but how and when can i extend/renew the conditional permanent residency status while waiting for the I751 to be processed? how long does the process usually take?

Thanks in advance.

hi. i'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but i couldn't find any info...

i know that i need to apply for the removal of condition(I751)for permanent residency 90 days before the 2 yr conditional green card expires,...but how and when can i extend/renew the conditional permanent residency status while waiting for the I751 to be processed? how long does the process usually take?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

are you talking about work authorization? If you are, or you are just needing the stamp to stay in status, 14 days before your stamp, or NOA expires you go in to your local office, and they will stamp it (passport).

Comment

no. i already got a conditional green card which is valid for 2 years. i need to extend that while waiting for I751 to go through...i heard that vermont service center takes forever to process it.

Comment

I understand that. If you already filed your I-751 then you will recieve a reciept for the package you sent in stating that your GC is extended for 1 year. If at that time (the 1 year) has elapsed and you still haven't heard from them, then 14 days before the NOA you recieved from your I-751 expires you go into your local office and have them stamp your passport.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation