Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question

I have been in this country since 1981 and I can proof that since 1983 under Lulac and I have been working and getting work permit all along since 1990 until 2009 when my case was denied I have perfect record no crime or any thing. The worst violation I have is seat belt ticket. I have paid my taxes all along. I speak English and I have engineering degree from Ohio. Few month ago the company I worked for shut down due to bad economy. Now I have no job and can not apply for any work.My question is under the new ICE guidelines for prosecutorial discretion will I be permitted to get work permit. I was married to American citizen for 2 years but I did not apply for papers and now we are not together any more.

The reason I was denied That my lawyer wrote down I was residing in My original country before getting married which not true.

I have been in this country since 1981 and I can proof that since 1983 under Lulac and I have been working and getting work permit all along since 1990 until 2009 when my case was denied I have perfect record no crime or any thing. The worst violation I have is seat belt ticket. I have paid my taxes all along. I speak English and I have engineering degree from Ohio. Few month ago the company I worked for shut down due to bad economy. Now I have no job and can not apply for any work.My question is under the new ICE guidelines for prosecutorial discretion will I be permitted to get work permit. I was married to American citizen for 2 years but I did not apply for papers and now we are not together any more.

The reason I was denied That my lawyer wrote down I was residing in My original country before getting married which not true.

Comment

How come you are not together anymore?

Comment

Whats the problem that you are not applying for any job?And what documents you are talking about?
        Online selling

Comment

What the new policy IS:
          The Obama Administration announced the creation of a high-level working group made
          up of Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice officials who are to
          do the following:
          ? Review all cases already pending before the immigration courts. Those that are
          considered “low priority” may be administratively closed. Those that are
          considered a “high priority” will be prosecuted more aggressively.
          ? There are no rules or guarantees that a particular type of case will be considered
          a “low” or “high” priority. Recent guidelines are helpful, but no one can tell you if
          your case is a low priority--only immigration authorities will make that decision.
          ? In the future, immigration authorities will review the cases people before they are
          placed in removal proceedings. Those that are “low priority” may not be referred
          to the immigration court.
          ? Create department-wide guidance to help USCIS, CBP, and ICE agents and
          officers make better, more consistent decisions about who to place in removal
          proceedings.
          ? Issue guidance on providing discretion in compelling cases for persons who
          already have a final order of removal.
          In other words, the August 18
          th
          announcement was preliminary and nothing has been
          implemented yet. Any details about how the review process will work, what cases will
          be considered low priority or how to have a particular case considered have not been
          decided.
          The best course of action is to consult an immigration lawyer or accredited
          representative, not to take action because a friend, neighbor or coworker
          encourages you to act.
          An online directory of AILA attorneys is available at www.ailalawyer.com

Comment

This is the answer to your question.

ICE cannot use the I-687 legalization application to target CSS/Newman/LULAC class members for arrest, however, if they are discovered independently ICE will likely arrest them and put them in a removal proceeding.

What this means is... they cannot arrest you and say that they are arresting you due to your denied I-687. However, they can ask if you're a USC or a PR, if not they will ask to see a valid visa. If you don't have one, you'll be arrested. Of course all that will be pre-meditated, as they already would have had you on the pick up list at that point.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation