Immigration Law Question: re ssn no

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: re ssn no

MY FRIEND WHO FILLED OUT THE FORM TO SPONSOR HER HUSBAND ENTERED A NO THAT HE HAS BEING ASSIGNED FOR TAX PURPOSES .IS THAT OK HE DOES FILE TAXES WITH THAT NO ITS A 9 DIGIT NO SAYS ON HIS CARD ITS FOR TAX PURPOSES ONLY SHE ENTERED IT AS HIS SSN ???? YEARS AGO I HAD ONE AND WHEN I GOT MY GREEN CARD THEY CHANGED THE CARD TO SAY EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED I KEPT THE SAME NO I HAD SINCE 1986 .
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

MY FRIEND WHO FILLED OUT THE FORM TO SPONSOR HER HUSBAND ENTERED A NO THAT HE HAS BEING ASSIGNED FOR TAX PURPOSES .IS THAT OK HE DOES FILE TAXES WITH THAT NO ITS A 9 DIGIT NO SAYS ON HIS CARD ITS FOR TAX PURPOSES ONLY SHE ENTERED IT AS HIS SSN ???? YEARS AGO I HAD ONE AND WHEN I GOT MY GREEN CARD THEY CHANGED THE CARD TO SAY EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED I KEPT THE SAME NO I HAD SINCE 1986 .
    Regards and thanks,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
      MY FRIEND WHO FILLED OUT THE FORM TO SPONSOR HER HUSBAND ENTERED A NO THAT HE HAS BEING ASSIGNED FOR TAX PURPOSES .IS THAT OK HE DOES FILE TAXES WITH THAT NO ITS A 9 DIGIT NO SAYS ON HIS CARD ITS FOR TAX PURPOSES ONLY SHE ENTERED IT AS HIS SSN ???? YEARS AGO I HAD ONE AND WHEN I GOT MY GREEN CARD THEY CHANGED THE CARD TO SAY EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED I KEPT THE SAME NO I HAD SINCE 1986 . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, ITIN, is used to identify a taxpayer for tax purposes, such as filing a tax form. Once your friend's husband is elgible for a SSN, he will go to SSA to obtain the SSN and advise the IRS that the ITIN is no longer valid.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

oh oh so she listed it as his ssn will that cause a problem.
        Regards and thanks,

Comment

Working...
        X