To Jack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Jack

Jack, if you have a question, post a thread of your own instead of always asking on other people's thread.

Your question is unclear, elaborate also. Someone will probably know the answer to your question.

Jack, if you have a question, post a thread of your own instead of always asking on other people's thread.

Your question is unclear, elaborate also. Someone will probably know the answer to your question.

Comment

Thank you marie. Here is my question:
      One is now in legal H1 status. But in the past, before she obtained H1 status, she has worked illegally for 3 years. Will her green card I-485 application (employment based) be rejected? Anyone with any opinion? marie?
      thanks

Comment

i485 based on what? marriage? work?

Comment

Work.
          Thanks.

Comment

Like TheBeta said on the other post, you probably are going to be denied.

Here is the eligibility info from the INS site:
            http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPReligibility.htm

People who work without INS permission are not eligible to adjust their status unless they married a USC.

Like TheBeta said, get a good lawyer maybe they will know something we don't.

Comment

Jack, I have done some research on this. A friend of mine applied for Adjustment of Status after H-1.

He was denied because he had worked illegally while on F-1. Though it had been several years. I would suggest getting an excellent lawyer.

My friend on the other hand had a job in Canada and resettled there!

Comment

If she can't adjust by I-485, can she apply
                through consular processing? Assuming that
                her I-140 is already approved.
                thanks
                jack

Comment

The best thing would be to ask a lawyer, if there is another way.

Recieving wages that you are not entitled to is a serious offense, you will definitely have problems. I have had the same problems and am proceeded to be removed from this country. I on the other hand am married to US citizen and still having a lot of difficulty.

Lets just hope for the best for everyone!

Comment

there is this form Supplement A to Form I-485 Adjustment of Status Under section 245-I and employment without authorization fall into it. But then in order to be qualified to file for it you should be :
                    1. a beneficiary of a visa petition filed on or before January 14, 1998
                    2. a beneficiary of Visa petition filed on and after January 15, 1998
                    3. a beneficiary of an application for labor cert, filed on or before Jan. 14, 1998 and before April 30, 2001
                    4. a beneficiary of an application for labor cert filed on or after Januray 15, 1998 and on or before april 30, 2001 .....
                    check If you can apply for this, better a good lawyer.

goodluck

Comment

Can't she use provision in section 245(k) ?
                      thanks
                      jack

Comment

What do you mean by 245k?

Comment

I think section 245k is provision in the immigration law that allows certain people who have worked illegally to apply for AOS.

Comment

Those married to a USC.

If you have worked illegally and marry a USC you can still apply for AOS.

Comment

I disagree. I believe 245k can be used for employment based AOS under certain conditions.
                              Perhaps somebody here in this forum can tell
                              what the conditions are. I am certain that being married to USC is NOT one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X