I-687 Second Interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-687 Second Interview

i applied for status as a temporary resident I-687 under the LULAC (Newman) settlement in august 2004. i had my interview in september 2005. the immigration lady just went over my application and took a look at my W2's from over the years. i heard nothing from CIS until today.

i just received a letter asking me to schedule an appointment for a SECOND interview at the cis district office. i also noticed that i would be meeting with the same lady again as her name was on the letter. the letter also told me to get my fingerprints done again BEFORE scheduling the second interview. the letter said to bring an unexpired passport to the interview. i would like to know what i would be asked in the SECOND interview.

i came to the US on a student visa in 1976. i worked without INS permission while i was a student from 1978 to 1982. i was working fulltime as a waiter in an indian restaurant when i should have been studying fulltime. i left for two weeks to india in may 1983 and came back to the US on a student visa.

when i applied for amnesty in 1987, i was told that i was not eligible because i had left the US for the two weeks in may 1983 and had come back on a student visa. (my I-94 was valid for until 1988.) however, under the LULAC (Newman) settlement, i am now eligible to apply for temporary residency.

what would i be asked during the SECOND interview?

thank you in advance for your help.

i applied for status as a temporary resident I-687 under the LULAC (Newman) settlement in august 2004. i had my interview in september 2005. the immigration lady just went over my application and took a look at my W2's from over the years. i heard nothing from CIS until today.

i just received a letter asking me to schedule an appointment for a SECOND interview at the cis district office. i also noticed that i would be meeting with the same lady again as her name was on the letter. the letter also told me to get my fingerprints done again BEFORE scheduling the second interview. the letter said to bring an unexpired passport to the interview. i would like to know what i would be asked in the SECOND interview.

i came to the US on a student visa in 1976. i worked without INS permission while i was a student from 1978 to 1982. i was working fulltime as a waiter in an indian restaurant when i should have been studying fulltime. i left for two weeks to india in may 1983 and came back to the US on a student visa.

when i applied for amnesty in 1987, i was told that i was not eligible because i had left the US for the two weeks in may 1983 and had come back on a student visa. (my I-94 was valid for until 1988.) however, under the LULAC (Newman) settlement, i am now eligible to apply for temporary residency.

what would i be asked during the SECOND interview?

thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

hi,you will be lucky for sure.Let us know.
      sa

Comment

i called the cis national customer service center to make an appointment for my biometrics. they told me to come in next wednesday or wait until late january 2006. i told them that i would like to get it done next week.

i then scheduled a meeting with the cis district office. the lady i'm supposed to see wouldn't be available until the third week of january 2006. the person on the phone asked me whether i had scheduled my biometrics and i told her that i would be doing them next week. she then scheduled me an appointment for third week of january since it would be more than three weeks after my biometrics as the results would be back by then.

i would be forever indebted to anybody who could share with me what i would be asked at the SECOND interview.

thank you very much.

Comment

Duh, they asked you to bring an unexpired passport, now, give it some thought and ask yourself why?
          They can't stamp a passport that's expired, now that's a fact!
          Good luck to you!

Comment

sounds to me like you have been approved and they will just stamp your passport and process you for I-551.

be happy -- get the fingerprints done and show up on time for your second appointment!

good luck!

Comment

be careful because i believe to be qualified for amnesty
              you must have lived illegally in united states. therefore
              if you came back with student visa, you could qualify if you never went to school. if you went to school when you came back you must have an explanation.

Comment

as instructed, i went to the Application Service Center on Wednesday December 28 to get my biometrics taken. the place was practically empty.

i asked the person who was processing my biometrics why i had to get another biometrics done and she told me that the last time i had mine done was more than 15 months ago. she said that the biometrics are only good for 15 months. i told her that i have an appointment with CIS in the third week of january and she said that it only takes 2 or 3 weeks for my background check with the FBI. hopefully i would get clearance from the FBI before my interview.

my appointment with CIS for the second I-687 interview is in third week of january 2006. i can hardly wait.

Comment

YOU WILL BE OKE

Comment

well, dear friends, our second interview is on tuesday morning january 17. as instructed, i will be bringing my unexpired passport with me. i'm so nervous because i don't have any clue what's going to happen. if anybody knows what CIS would ask in the second interview, please let me know before tuesday. thank you very much.

Comment

dear everyone:

tomorrow is my big day. my interview is at 8:30 in the morning at CIS. if anybody knows what i would be asked, please let me know now.

wish me luck!

Comment

tell us what happen? good luck.
                        sa

Comment

well. i'm the happiest camper in the world today.

this morning i went to the CIS office with my unexpired passport. i got there at about 8:00 for my 8:30 interview. there were so many people in the waiting room. i waited and waited and waited and waited.

at about 8:35 i heard my name called by this lady who interviewed me last year. she was a very nice lady. she remembered me from the last interview and she asked me how i was doing. i wished her a happy new year. we went to her office and she had my file on her desk. she asked me for my passport and she took a look at it. she called somebody on the intercom and this person came into the room and took my passport.

the lady told me that my recent background check came back negative from FBI. she said that i had to take another one in december 2005 the one from august 2004 had expired.

the lady then told me that my I-687 application had been approved and my passport would be stamped to indicate that. she said that i would be receiving my I-688 in the mail in a few weeks. (i don't know what the I-688 is but i think it's some kind of ID card.) she told me to pick up my passport at the front desk on my way out. i thanked her profusely.

i picked up my passport and it was stamped temporary resident.

so i'm no longer an illegal alien. i'm a proud temporary resident of the US of A, my home sweet home.

Comment

U are the lucky one indeed!!!

Comment

congratulation. are you css or lulac?
                              sa

Comment

Working...
                              X