Clear All

• Immigration, The Internet...and Terrorism

Dear Cyberposters:

You receive an e-mail that goes like this:
    ================================================
    Date: 5/16/2008 2:36:52 PM
    To: Undisclosed-recipients
    Subject: CONGRATULATIONS

CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are pleased to inform you today 16th may, 2008 as one of the lucky winners of
    our Soccer World Cup Draws held by Confederation of Africa Football (CAF)/ South
    African Football Association (SAFA) to promote the first ever soccer world cup in
    Africa which will be held 2010 in South Africa,Participants in the draws were
    selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 2,500,000 e-mail addresses of
    dividuals and companies from Africa,America,Asia,Australia, Canada, Europe, Middle East,and New Zealand as part of our electronic business Promotions Program.

...You have therefore been approved for a
    lump sum pay out of $2,200,000.00 in cash, which is the winning payout for First
    category winners.

...Please contact your claims manager and provide him with the requested information so
    that he can Expedite the processing of your claims.

NAME:___________________________________________
    ADDRESS:________________________________________
    CITY:____________________STATE/PROV:____________ZIP/POSTAL:_____________________________________
    PHONE:________________FAX:______________________
    EMAIL:__________________________________________
    REFERENCE NUMBER:_________________________________________
    BATCH NUMBER:_________________________________________

Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our Promotions program!

Yours sincerely,
    Customers Service Department
    Cafsafa Lotteries

While most people would look at this laughable phishing e-mail, recognize it as the work of hungry 419 fraudsters and relegate it to the electronic "trash heap", quite a few Westerners have been negatively affected by contact with persons from unknown regions of the world wearing virtually impenetrable cybermasks with the sole intention of defrauding a naive internet user.

While the immediate danger resulting from contact with online, cybermasked strangers is understood by most internet users, few understand or even realize the long-term dangers associated with cybermasked strangers who IP addresses are outside of federal jurisdiction.

Wikipedia makes a very interesting comment with regard to terrorism's close association with the Internet. In its article entitled "al-Qaeda"al-Qaeda it says the following:

[I]"In the wake of its evacuation from Afghanistan, al-Qaeda and its successors have migrated online to escape detection in an atmosphere of increased international vigilance. As a result, the organization's use of the Internet has grown more sophisticated, encompassing financing, recruitment, networking, mobilization, publicity, as well as information dissemination, gathering, and sharing...With the rise of "locally rooted, globally inspired" terrorists, counter-terrorism experts are currently studying how al-Qaeda is using the Internet – through websites, chat rooms, discussion forums, instant messaging, and so on – to inspire a worldwide network of support. The July 7, 2005 bombers, some of whom were well integrated into their local communities, are an example of such "globally inspired" terrorists, and they reportedly used the Internet to plan and coordinate. A group called the "Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in Europe" has claimed responsibility for these London attacks on a militant Islamist website – another popular use of the Internet by terrorists seeking publicity.""In the wake of its evacuation from Afghanistan, al-Qaeda and its successors have migrated online to escape detection in an atmosphere of increased international vigilance. As a result, the organization's use of the Internet has grown more sophisticated, encompassing financing, recruitment, networking, mobilization, publicity, as well as information dissemination, gathering, and sharing...With the rise of "locally rooted, globally inspired" terrorists, counter-terrorism experts are currently studying how al-Qaeda is using the Internet – through websites, chat rooms, discussion forums, instant messaging, and so on – to inspire a worldwide network of support. The July 7, 2005 bombers, some of whom were well integrated into their local communities, are an example of such "globally inspired" terrorists, and they reportedly used the Internet to plan and coordinate. A group called the "Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in Europe" has claimed responsibility for these London attacks on a militant Islamist website – another popular use of the Internet by terrorists seeking publicity."

Questions: Do companies that host websites, discussion groups, online chat rooms, bulletin boards and other cyberpoints of contact really know the identity of their members? Do they check? Do they even care?

In cyberforums such as this one, there are quite a few members who, in addition to not being citizens of the country where the ISP or web host is located, have displayed reckless disregard for the rights of other members, sometimes to the point of violating the law.

What can we as concerned Americans do to ensure that companies that host websites that encourage membership create a environment that is the safe, respectful and most important, lawfuluse of their cyberfacilities?

We can do the following:

1) Ask our local government representative to require internet users to provide home address, employment address, home number and job number.

2) VERIFY the information before opening the aco****.

3) Have all internet consumers provide photos of themselves with before opening an account.

4) Provide up to three reference to verify the account holder's identity.

While these and other security steps may ruffle the feathers of some, remember this poignant fact: The members of al_Qaeda that flew U.S. planes into the World Trade Center used the internet to arrange their dastardly deed. In addition, a few of the members of the 9/11 hit squad obtained legal residence through marrying American citizens.

ISPs, web hosts and anyone whose businesses attract large numbers of cybervisitors -- Do you know who you members are?
    I AM A VICTIM OF A GREEN CARD MARRIAGE SCAM. THE PERPETRATOR IS SENATOR EHIGHE EDOBOR UZAMERE. THE IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS WHO PROVIDED SERVICES THAT HELPED HIM USE SUBTERFUGE TO TRICK ME ARE ALLEN E. KAYE AND HARVEY SHAPIRO. THIS IS THE TRUTH -- AND

Dear Cyberposters:

You receive an e-mail that goes like this:
    Date: 5/16/2008 2:36:52 PM
    To: Undisclosed-recipients
    Subject: CONGRATULATIONS

CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are pleased to inform you today 16th may, 2008 as one of the lucky winners of
    our Soccer World Cup Draws held by Confederation of Africa Football (CAF)/ South
    African Football Association (SAFA) to promote the first ever soccer world cup in
    Africa which will be held 2010 in South Africa,Participants in the draws were
    selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 2,500,000 e-mail addresses of
    dividuals and companies from Africa,America,Asia,Australia, Canada, Europe, Middle East,and New Zealand as part of our electronic business Promotions Program.

...You have therefore been approved for a
    lump sum pay out of $2,200,000.00 in cash, which is the winning payout for First
    category winners.

...Please contact your claims manager and provide him with the requested information so
    that he can Expedite the processing of your claims.

NAME:___________________________________________
    ADDRESS:________________________________________
    CITY:____________________STATE/PROV:____________ZIP/POSTAL:_____________________________________
    PHONE:________________FAX:______________________
    EMAIL:__________________________________________
    REFERENCE NUMBER:_________________________________________
    BATCH NUMBER:_________________________________________

Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our Promotions program!

Yours sincerely,
    Customers Service Department
    Cafsafa Lotteries

While most people would look at this laughable phishing e-mail, recognize it as the work of hungry 419 fraudsters and relegate it to the electronic "trash heap", quite a few Westerners have been negatively affected by contact with persons from unknown regions of the world wearing virtually impenetrable cybermasks with the sole intention of defrauding a naive internet user.

While the immediate danger resulting from contact with online, cybermasked strangers is understood by most internet users, few understand or even realize the long-term dangers associated with cybermasked strangers who IP addresses are outside of federal jurisdiction.

Wikipedia makes a very interesting comment with regard to terrorism's close association with the Internet. In its article entitled "al-Qaeda"al-Qaeda it says the following:

[I]"In the wake of its evacuation from Afghanistan, al-Qaeda and its successors have migrated online to escape detection in an atmosphere of increased international vigilance. As a result, the organization's use of the Internet has grown more sophisticated, encompassing financing, recruitment, networking, mobilization, publicity, as well as information dissemination, gathering, and sharing...With the rise of "locally rooted, globally inspired" terrorists, counter-terrorism experts are currently studying how al-Qaeda is using the Internet – through websites, chat rooms, discussion forums, instant messaging, and so on – to inspire a worldwide network of support. The July 7, 2005 bombers, some of whom were well integrated into their local communities, are an example of such "globally inspired" terrorists, and they reportedly used the Internet to plan and coordinate. A group called the "Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in Europe" has claimed responsibility for these London attacks on a militant Islamist website – another popular use of the Internet by terrorists seeking publicity.""In the wake of its evacuation from Afghanistan, al-Qaeda and its successors have migrated online to escape detection in an atmosphere of increased international vigilance. As a result, the organization's use of the Internet has grown more sophisticated, encompassing financing, recruitment, networking, mobilization, publicity, as well as information dissemination, gathering, and sharing...With the rise of "locally rooted, globally inspired" terrorists, counter-terrorism experts are currently studying how al-Qaeda is using the Internet – through websites, chat rooms, discussion forums, instant messaging, and so on – to inspire a worldwide network of support. The July 7, 2005 bombers, some of whom were well integrated into their local communities, are an example of such "globally inspired" terrorists, and they reportedly used the Internet to plan and coordinate. A group called the "Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in Europe" has claimed responsibility for these London attacks on a militant Islamist website – another popular use of the Internet by terrorists seeking publicity."

Questions: Do companies that host websites, discussion groups, online chat rooms, bulletin boards and other cyberpoints of contact really know the identity of their members? Do they check? Do they even care?

In cyberforums such as this one, there are quite a few members who, in addition to not being citizens of the country where the ISP or web host is located, have displayed reckless disregard for the rights of other members, sometimes to the point of violating the law.

What can we as concerned Americans do to ensure that companies that host websites that encourage membership create a environment that is the safe, respectful and most important, lawfuluse of their cyberfacilities?

We can do the following:

1) Ask our local government representative to require internet users to provide home address, employment address, home number and job number.

2) VERIFY the information before opening the aco****.

3) Have all internet consumers provide photos of themselves with before opening an account.

4) Provide up to three reference to verify the account holder's identity.

While these and other security steps may ruffle the feathers of some, remember this poignant fact: The members of al_Qaeda that flew U.S. planes into the World Trade Center used the internet to arrange their dastardly deed. In addition, a few of the members of the 9/11 hit squad obtained legal residence through marrying American citizens.

ISPs, web hosts and anyone whose businesses attract large numbers of cybervisitors -- Do you know who you members are?
    I AM A VICTIM OF A GREEN CARD MARRIAGE SCAM. THE PERPETRATOR IS SENATOR EHIGHE EDOBOR UZAMERE. THE IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS WHO PROVIDED SERVICES THAT HELPED HIM USE SUBTERFUGE TO TRICK ME ARE ALLEN E. KAYE AND HARVEY SHAPIRO. THIS IS THE TRUTH -- AND

Comment

T think Jerm lost this one, for now.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

cheryl,
        I do not respond to unsolicited e-mails nor pop up ads on web sites. I may enter my name in a drawing at a local grocery store to win $100 of food or at a mall to enter to win a car, but that is about it.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

I just woke up. What did I lose?

I am trying to understand the relevance of this to your case, Cheryl. This seems more like a veiled attempt to call the ILW members "terrorists" or "Nigerian scammers". Considering none of us here are Nigerian, members of Al Qaeda, or lawyers, nor does anyone have any reason to believe otherwise, then handing over our names and addresses to the federal government just for joining a discussion group would be an invasion of privacy.
          --------------------
          "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hey JC,

I just noticed someone created a screen name on this forum today called GermUncool - any idea who it could be???

Comment

Yeah - that was me. In case I really had something she needed to see.

The sig-tag on that one is:
              "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." - Bugs Bunny
              --------------------
              "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Dear Cyberposters:

This is the last post that I will upload to this thread.

You will see another one of my threads later on today.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Anyone who posts anything that displeases me or in any way disagrees with my point of view on this board is the member of the secret Al-Qaida terrorist organization, AKA Hitler in disguise group (formerly NAZI party)

Now, dare to speak out your mind and disagree with me Who is first?
                  http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Marriage fraud is a very real issue in Immigration. But you Cheryl D Uzamere have done nothing to show the real problem, you have become a cyber joke. By the way why do you still use the name of a man who has defrauded you and used you to gain citizenship. Did he break you heart and you're a woman scorned who is out for revenge because he is not in your life and never truly wanted you. Look deep in your heart and find the answers to that question. You are a sad and lonely woman looking for any attention you can find.
                    I am not a lawyer! I don't give legal advice! I just state my opinion!

Comment

Dear Cyberposters:

I said that I would not upload any more posts, but I am mistaken.

After this post please find a letter of complaint that I sent to DeGraff, Foy, Kunza and Devine, a law firm that specializes in cyberstalking and to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center.

After the next post, I will not leave any other posts.

Feel free to place me on your ignore list if what I say bothers you.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Who is stalking you, Cheryl? I would say it is quite the opposite. You are stalking and spamming this forum with countless threads. You might find that the tables will turn on you if you keep this us. I think most of us have handled your threats pretty well, but it's getting very tiresome.

Comment

Definition of a "terrorist" is that of someone who tries to achieve certain ends by means of threat.
                          Doesn't it remind you of someone here?
                          http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Cheryl needs to read up on the intent of discussion forums. Apparently, she is clueless. This stuff has gotten so silly, I am tempted to place her on my Ignore list. She will be the first.

Comment

This is an IMMIGRATION forum. Allowing only people whose location is in the US would defy the point, would it not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cheryl D. Uzamere:
                              </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The statement that a few 9/11 attackers gained green cards through marriage is incorrect. Even FairUS doesn't make that claim. It states quite clearly here that none was a legal resident of the US.
                              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney